New Leaked Video of DROID3 Tutorial with New Version of Blur on the Way

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Would I be in the wrong to want this as my first Droid phone? And just saying, I would be fine with 3G, mainly because I've been without a data plan until now.

I would think this should be good phone for anyone. The only caveat may be if rooting is very, very important to you. But if you just want a very good phone with a keyboard, this should be IT!! :)

Have a good day.

TJF2011

Reaction score
This looks great and all, but no front facing camera? despite what people are saying, according to many sites, it does not have one, and yeah supposedly it will have 3D capability and shoot 1080p videos... BUT... is this really gonna come out?.. The Droid Bionic was supposed to be out already, yet they scrapped that project more than 1 and focused on other products, there are tons of new droids in the works, so with even projectors big enough to make a 40 inch screen on your wall.. however... i doubt we will see that anytime soon... i think we are wasting our time talking about a phone that has no release date

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
This looks great and all, but no front facing camera? despite what people are saying, according to many sites, it does not have one, and yeah supposedly it will have 3D capability and shoot 1080p videos... BUT... is this really gonna come out?.. The Droid Bionic was supposed to be out already, yet they scrapped that project more than 1 and focused on other products, there are tons of new droids in the works, so with even projectors big enough to make a 40 inch screen on your wall.. however... i doubt we will see that anytime soon... i think we are wasting our time talking about a phone that has no release date

Yes it has a front facing camera. Unless they did a complete redesign in the past few weeks, it's there.

And this is supposed to be released this month. It has no official release date yet because they're still trying to sell what they have left of the Droid 2 Global. You don't announce a replacement phone until right before it comes out so you can sell off the old stock. The exact same thing happened with the Droid X2.

darkmatter

Reaction score
This looks great and all, but no front facing camera?

ffc%20(1)%20.jpg

mirandamice

Reaction score
Nice thread
Features in a forum is very interesting for me and I really want to get someday.

Thanks

TJF2011

Reaction score
Nice thread.. i stand corrected on the front facing camera... the other websites must have been older, cause that was definately not the pictures i saw.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
OG Droid looking to upgrade

I'm glad to hear there are other OG users like me.

I love the size and style of my droid, not sure how I feel about the 4+"
Front facing camera is a must for me! The DX is too dang big for me. And I dont like the weight on the top. I feel like I'm going to drop it all the time.

The droid bionic, X2 and pro just don't attract me at all. I'm putting most of my chips on D3. Im glad they didn't go 4g with it. I don't want or need it. I do want Gingerbread and quickness.

I installed Launcher Pro on my OG and I think its lagging me up too much. Driving me nuts waiting for my apps to even show on screen. i have removed every app I dont use daily and I still have a laggy phone.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

apotheosis415

Reaction score
I installed Launcher Pro on my OG and I think its lagging me up too much. Driving me nuts waiting for my apps to even show on screen. i have removed every app I dont use daily and I still have a laggy phone.
Have you tried the local.prop edit fix? Seems to work for most owners:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/89723-launcherpro-redraw.html

-Matt

THANKS A MILLION! Can you explain how I get to that terminal screen? I thought I was a decent android user, but Im not after reading that! I really hope this works!

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

-Matt

THANKS A MILLION! Can you explain how I get to that terminal screen? I thought I was a decent android user, but Im not after reading that! I really hope this works!
If you're rooted then you can create/edit the local.prop file. The other thing you need is a terminal emulator. Give Android Terminal Emulator a try:

https://market.android.com/details?id=jackpal.androidterm

Then all you need to do is open the emulator, open your physical keyboard, and:

In Terminal Emulator type: su
Then type: echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop
Now reboot into recovery and clear your cache only and then boot up
-Matt

apotheosis415

Reaction score

-Matt

If you're rooted then you can create/edit the local.prop file. The other thing you need is a terminal emulator. Give Android Terminal Emulator a try:

https://market.android.com/details?id=jackpal.androidterm

Then all you need to do is open the emulator, open your physical keyboard, and:

In Terminal Emulator type: su
Then type: echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop
Now reboot into recovery and clear your cache only and then boot up
-Matt

I dont think i am rooted. I downloaded a few apk's when 2.1 and 2.2 came out but thats it. I think I may be f'd.