New KERNELS......question

millwood

Reaction score
I have noticed that the newest KERNELS all seem to be voodoo KERNELS (OTB-Reloaded, Peanut Butter and Jelly, etc....). I am new to the whole voodoo thing and have stayed with Non-voodoo because I was not sure about flashing back to normal from them. Is there a place where I can read about flashing a voodoo KERNEL and then how to flash back to a non-voodoo KERNEL if I decided I didn't like it? Just kind of want to get this down before I jumped on the EC01 EVIL Debloated and picked a new KERNEL and the new EC01 Radio.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that the newest KERNELS all seem to be voodoo KERNELS (OTB-Reloaded, Peanut Butter and Jelly, etc....). I am new to the whole voodoo thing and have stayed with Non-voodoo because I was not sure about flashing back to normal from them. Is there a place where I can read about flashing a voodoo KERNEL and then how to flash back to a non-voodoo KERNEL if I decided I didn't like it? Just kind of want to get this down before I jumped on the EC01 EVIL Debloated and picked a new KERNEL and the new EC01 Radio.

so if your running nonVoodoo kernel atm you can simply flash any voodoo kernel in CWMR and the voodoo lagfix will auto enable on the next boot....then you can flash any voodoo kernel over any other voodoo kernel whenever, just wipe cache and dalvik before flashing...

if your on a voodoo kernel and want to go back to nonvoodoo for any reason, like flashing a new rom or nonvoodoo kernel you must disable the voodoo lagfix first

reboot CWMR
in voodoo option select disable lagfix
reboot
lady android will talk you through it and confirm lagfix is disabled
it will then boot into the Rom

then

reboot CWMR
wipe cache
wipe dalvik cache
flash any nonvoodoo kernel
reboot
good to go

OP
M

millwood

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the info. That is a big help. How you liking the new OTB-Reloaded Kernel?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
If you're going to choose an OTB kernel make sure you pay attention to the one you pick. Some flash regular in red cwm 2.5.x and some in orange cwm 3.0.x

Sent from my EC01 voodoo'd fascinate

OP
M

millwood

Reaction score
Which version of CWm does the new OTB-Reloaded flash in? I thought it was red, but I just want to make sure.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the info. That is a big help. How you liking the new OTB-Reloaded Kernel?
So far so good...was stable at 1.6ghz for about 20 min lol then all he** broke loose....so im at 1.4ghz and running great so far