New iPhone 8 Renders Look Awful

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
iphone-8-schematics-jpg.77378

Android phones this year look amazing. If nothing else the design language on flagships this year look great. Both the LG G6 and Galaxy S8 feature a nearly bezel-less design. Now it looks like Apple may be working on the same. Some new design renders of the iPhone 8 have leaked. They show a bezel-less front with a missing home button just like the Galaxy S8. What surprised me most is that like Samsung Apple appears to have chosen a ridiculous placement for the fingerprint scanner. The fingerprint scanner is halfway down the back of the phone. It would have been better if they had placed it where the apple logo goes.

The other ugly factor is the layout of the camera which is vertical instead of horizontal on the back. There is also quite a bit of camera hump on the back. If this ends up being the final design of the Apple iPhone 8 I can already hear the complaints. What are your thoughts on this design?

via Fonearena

Attachments

• iPhone-8-schematics.jpg
    iPhone-8-schematics.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,516

badtoy1986

Reaction score
I'm not an apple fan, I do often respect their designs but, the drawings at the top are so ugly. There's no way they are correct. The front looks reasonable, but the rear is terrible. The next set of renderings look better but it's too unrealistic.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
first one looks more real then 2nd "rumor". on 2nd set someone is trying to make iphone look way too much like new google phone. oh how the tables have turned!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I don't care for the vertical camera on the back.... I'm looking forward to a more bezel-less look. I bet it will still end up looking like a great device!

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
It really won't matter if the iPhone was shaped like a Poop Emoji. People who have to have Apple products will buy it and say its revolutionary. In the eyes of the millions that wait in line forever to be the first to have the "New" iPhone, Apple can do no wrong.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've often thought the design of the iPhone was overrated. The only one that I as even slightly impressed with was the 6 plus. But even it had that ugly huge button on the front. I know everyone raves and build quality, etc. Whatever. Too many Apple fanboys out there to ever get a true review on their design. Except from DroidModder. :)

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I've often thought the design of the iPhone was overrated. The only one that I as even slightly impressed with was the 6 plus. But even it had that ugly huge button on the front. I know everyone raves and build quality, etc. Whatever. Too many Apple fanboys out there to ever get a true review on their design. Except from DroidModder. :)

After having Android phones for years I can say that the build quality and design of the iPhone 7 and 7+ is great and very comfortable to use. The phone feels very premium and solid in the hand. I've had some Samsung phones in the past that felt light and "cheaply" manufactured. JMO so don't murder me! I've always felt the iPhone had a unique sexiness to it... even the earlier models.

*Disclaimer*.... No I am not an Apple "fan girl"... I'm a girl who likes all tech and has recently been enjoying the stability of IOS.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
After having Android phones for years I can say that the build quality and design of the iPhone 7 and 7+ is great and very comfortable to use. The phone feels very premium and solid in the hand. I've had some Samsung phones in the past that felt light and "cheaply" manufactured. JMO so don't murder me! I've always felt the iPhone had a unique sexiness to it... even the earlier models.

*Disclaimer*.... No I am not an Apple "fan girl"... I'm a girl who likes all tech and has recently been enjoying the stability of IOS.

I am a self-avowed and well known Apple hater. So you are clearly less biased than I am! ;)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
My Problem with Apple is the Fact that they are recognized for Features that That they were "NOT" The First to Have. They do a great job marketing and that is their strong point. Their Practically Magic BS is a Joke. All these Practically Magic Features they were NOT the First to Have. Not the First Finger Print Reader, Water Resistant, Stereo Speakers and on and on. Not to Mention those AirPods Look Like AirPOS. I used to love Apple Products. I thought Steve Jobs was the Real innovator for them. They have not Come out with Anything Cutting Edge Since he passed. Yes iOS is More Stable that Android and I do blame Fragmentation of Being Open Source for that. Every Phone MFG has to Put their own UI on it and Instead of Giving us PURE Android which would really Change the Game. Its also the Fact that there are so many options with HW that impacts them as well. Apples advantage in some ways it they SET the HW Configurations & Software. Only Them. So they have a Standard. No Standard for Android. I do prefer Androids personalization over iOS. I typically get the High End Androids so Power is usually not a issue. Ok, im tired of typing. lol

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
With the change to the home button on the 7 series, I would not be surprised in the least if they completely removed the button this year.