Bezel-less Displays Coming To Samsung Galaxy S8?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Year after year Samsung has been gradually perfecting their design language and I personally think they have come pretty close with the Note 7. I feel like we will see much of the same design in the Galaxy S8, however there are rumors that Samsung may be working on a bezel-less display for the Galaxy S8. We have recently seen the bezel-less display on the Xiaomi Mi MIX. The bezel-less screen on that device looks incredible.

Samsung was at the iMiD display exhibition in Seoul where a some engineers discussed the future of Samsung displays. While they would not confirm whether or not the Galaxy S8 would have a bezel-less display. They have confirmed that they are investing money and man power in to this tech. The goal is to hit a 90% screen to body ratio. If this does not happen with the Galaxy S8 we will likely see this tech somewhere along the line. I wouldn't mind seeing this on the Note 8.

via theinvestor

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I'd love to see this come to future devices but it does make me worry about how easy the edges could crack if bumped or dropped. Strictly based on how they look, I'd love one!

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I totally understand the desire to maximize screen size versus total area, I cannot fathom the desire for a "bezelless" touchscreen device that is designed to be held in your hand. If you hold it normally, your fingers are touching the edges of the touchscreen. I have difficulty passing my normal phones (Note 2,4, 6P, etc.) to someone to show them something without them inadvertently touching the screen and effecting changes.

Also, bezelless requires rear-facing speakers until such time as they develop touchscreens that also function as speakers, a la transducer. Rear-facing speakers almost universally blow. I love the front-facing speakers on my Shield Tablet and my 6P but that requires a bezel.

I'll admire the aesthetics of the bezelless devices but I seriously doubt I'll be purchasing one anytime in the next decade.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think that render is hideous....

I want Samsung to do 1 release a year. S8 and S8 Pro... The pro being essentially the Note. Spend a whole year rocking out 2 great devices and release together.... I know it can't happen with the 8 but some day.

Samsung Note 7.5