New ICS Leak for Bionic

hisself

Reaction score
I went back to 902 clean. Got the OTA 905. Placed the 2233 update on my external SD Card. Trying to flash and cannot get into recovery. I get the first menu, when I hit recovery, it reboots into a black screen with a white triangle surrounding a yellow exclamation mark, and a little green droid. Then it just sits there. I have tried removing the battery, and that is all that happens. I can reboot into 905.
Also, I cannot get my PC to connect to the phone - it doesn't recognize the drivers.
Any ideas?

rduckwor

Reaction score
"it reboots into a black screen with a white triangle surrounding a yellow exclamation mark, and a little green droid. Then it just sits there."

Try pressing both the up and down volume keys again.

Good Luck,

RMD

deduct

Reaction score
bigred8380 said:
Alright....63 pages of everyone toting how great this is running, I'm thinking I might wanna give this a go now that there's a way back to OTA when the offical drops.

Don't know if there's anyone on here willing to help me out, but here it goes. I'm on a bone stock Bionic (OTA .905 and I have never flashed or rooted b4), no drivers on my laptop ( to my knowledge)....so my question is, What exactly do I need to make this happen and still get back to where I need to be for OTA when the time comes. (this includes backing up my Bionic on my laptop, as I've read this will wipe it clean) A list of the DL's I'll need for this would be greatly appreciated! :)
http://db.tt/Uk1L9Xer
This is the leaked 2233 ics. If you are stock 905 all you need to do is download this file and place on ext sd card. Then turn off phone. Press both volume buttons and power button at the same time. When menu pops up. Press down volume key, that will highlight 'recovery'. Press up volume key to select. Once triangle pops up on screen press both volume buttons. When menu appears, press volume down until apply update is highlighted. Press power key to select. Then press volume down to the ics file and press power button to select. That will start the update process. Make sure you have atleast 70% battery. Good luck. Pm me if u have any problems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

wseyller

Reaction score
Alright....63 pages of everyone toting how great this is running, I'm thinking I might wanna give this a go now that there's a way back to OTA when the offical drops.

Don't know if there's anyone on here willing to help me out, but here it goes. I'm on a bone stock Bionic (OTA .905 and I have never flashed or rooted b4), no drivers on my laptop ( to my knowledge)....so my question is, What exactly do I need to make this happen and still get back to where I need to be for OTA when the time comes. (this includes backing up my Bionic on my laptop, as I've read this will wipe it clean) A list of the DL's I'll need for this would be greatly appreciated! :)

You have the easiest situation because of the fact that you 905 and have never modified anything. First download the leak. The lastest version is 2233 and you can download it from my google drive at https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzMJvNl_cG9KNTI1dTlvTWZWV1E

Instructions: LOL, while editing my post I accidently deleted the instructions, but it looks like someone else posted their list of instructions.

To get back to stock:

You need the 902 factory image: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzMJvNl_cG9KSEkwMXhySGRZa1E

You need a version of RSDLite: (version 5.5) https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzMJvNl_cG9Keno1dlBYcVpSeVk

Only other thing you need is to have drivers installed: (MotoHelper_2.1.40_Driver_5.5.0.exe) https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzMJvNl_cG9KN2kzMnJPZjdVbUU

Last edited:

christop85

Reaction score
I'll Have to say IT'S AWESOME

Early flashers-

Is bluetooth working?
Is hardware acceleration working? (try playing Angry Birds)
How is the camera? Do QR code scanners work?

I really want to jump onto this leak, but I don't want to be stuck without all of the functionality I depend on! :)

It's going to be tough not being able to use my lapdock for a while, but I think I'll manage.

Haven't tried any games on it yet but the camera on .2231 (including camcorder) works beautifully 1080p recording + 8mp pics

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
kac8866 said:
Quick question. Can you flash CWR with the 2233 update?

I can confirm it works. Haven't tried to make any backups yet though. (I'm on AOKP based from the leak

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

hisself

Reaction score
Got it! Was able to root, but lost my Ti backups. The connection problem turned out to be a bad USB cord - allowed charge, but no data.

THANKS to all who responded!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about losing your TIBU data. Just curious how it happened. Where was your backup file located?

rduckwor

Reaction score
ICS seems a bit laggy to me, particularly the native email app.. Am I missing a setting parameter somewhere that is allowing processor overhead?

Aside from that, earpiece speaker volume issues was resolved when I wiped the cache last night.

Thanks,

RMD

Last edited:

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Any one else notice a slight flicker on the screen? I only see it when the screen is mostly dark. Like when looking at bookmarks in stock browser. And it is barely discernible. But its there. Never noticed it before on any other rom. I left phone in air conditioned room for awhile so it could cool down and now that it is cooler i don't see flicker. So it has something to do with phone overheating.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I noticed it. Usually on gray screens, like when loading in the Play Store. Very faint. Sort of like TV jitter. I attributed it to the fact that the screen and colors and much more vibrant now. I figured it was something that was always there, just never noticeable to the naked eye until now.

grgguy

Reaction score
My only issue is that there isn't a charge only option when attached via usb to my laptop. Other than that it's like having a new phone. Another plus is that it seems Verizon is getting ready to turn on the 4G signal in my area its been flashing on and off all morning.

jthorpe

Reaction score
I'm loving ICS but I don't like one thing about it. The battery and data manager are gone as far as I can tell. Instead, you have to use an app called smart actions, and it sucks. It doesn't come close to the other app when it comes to saving the battery without such intrusion. You can't even put timers on it. If you could do that, it would be much better. Oh well, maybe they will fix that or someone will come up with a decent battery saver app. I'm not impressed with greenpower either.

mp3ster

Reaction score
I'm loving ICS but I don't like one thing about it. The battery and data manager are gone as far as I can tell. Instead, you have to use an app called smart actions, and it sucks. It doesn't come close to the other app when it comes to saving the battery without such intrusion. You can't even put timers on it. If you could do that, it would be much better. Oh well, maybe they will fix that or someone will come up with a decent battery saver app. I'm not impressed with greenpower either.

I noticed the same thing last night! Battery and data manager are gone, however smart actions is bad ass! I do wish i could disable the icons in the notification bar though.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Smart Actions work; you just need to take the time to read up on it. Jump over to the Razr Maxx forums for tips and advice.