new here

palerider

Reaction score
What's up everyone . I am completely new to this comunity. I have had the HTC thunderbolt since it came out and am interested in rooting info - how to easiest , do I use a desk top/laptop to do this or is there a one click from my device . Also don't understand the lingo or benefits of rooting ,like I said complete newbie . Thanks in advance for your help and guidance .

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
:welcome: to the forums!! Glad to have you on board!! Feel free to ask any questions or comments ya may have!

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Hey welcome to the forums! Feel free to browse and post and hope you enjoy your stay. As for rooting, look in the thunderbolt development thread, I think there's a quick easy tutorial on how to root your phone. As for the benefits are endless. You can explore different ROMS to customize the look and feel of your phone, I'm currently on Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9 which a great stable, fast ROM if you are looking for the newer version of sense, also has android 2.3.4 gingerbread as well. You can get custom kernels to help power your phone in different ways (overclocking/undervolting) I'm currently on the imoseyon kernel 3.4.0gb kernel overclocked at 1.6Ghz. Rooting and flashing is all about making your phone uniquely "yours" so have fun:)

sent from my quietly rooted HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community we're glad to have you with us. Congrats on the TB its a solid device with good performance also. I'll post some links below to help get you started. Also is you have any questions feel free to ask as there is always someone willing to help including myself. Dive on in and enjoy the community.

Thunderbolt Subforum:
HTC Thunderbolt Forum

Good Guide to Rooting Info:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

Thunderbolt Hacking Help:
Thunderbolt Hacks

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
P.S. here you go buddy. found the youtube video that walked me through step by step to root my Thunderbolt. IDK if there are other easier ways, but this was fast and simple enough for me :) enjoy and hope to see you on the rooted side soon!

[video=youtube;-UK_CiB2SYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UK_CiB2SYk[/video]

OP
P

palerider

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info ! Exactly what I was looking for . I will be back rooted hopefully

OP
P

palerider

Reaction score
Ok I can't find the driver the guy uses in the video and unrevoked site does not have my phone listed ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Ok I can't find the driver the guy uses in the video and unrevoked site does not have my phone listed ?

Isn't all the drivers and files in his description of the video there?

sent from my quietly rooted HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

OP
P

palerider

Reaction score
Oops yes they were . Aaaaannnd now I'm rooted ! Now I need to know what are the best things to install . ROM manager? Clockwork

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Oops yes they were . Aaaaannnd now I'm rooted ! Now I need to know what are the best things to install . ROM manager? Clockwork

Glad it worked out for you man :) get ROM manager, titanium backup, astro file manager, and anything also you would find useful being rooted. Help yourself in looking around and finding the best ROM for yourself. TeamBAMF came out with a great new build 2 days ago that I just flashed on my phone last night. It's Amazing. If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

OP
P

palerider

Reaction score
So know that everything is installed what would need to be frozen " bloatware" and what would need to be backed up . Before I flash a different Rom .

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
So know that everything is installed what would need to be frozen " bloatware" and what would need to be backed up . Before I flash a different Rom .

Freeze what you won't use and backup what you want to bring over to your new ROM :)

Sent from my quietly rooted HTC Thunderbolt

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also made a complete back up of the stock rom so I could use it as a .sbf in a way

Sent from my Liberated D2