New Here. Having Issues

nemismom

Reaction score
Hi. My husband and I both got Razrs when they came out last October. He has only had one issue with his - which I'm also having, and I'm having another with mine. Full disclosure: my phone did get wet very briefly. The main problem I'm having started after that incident. The other has been happening all along.

First the issue we both have. When we get a call while Bluetooth is activated, the call volume drops to almost mute. This only happens with the first call after we turn the earpiece on. We have to manually raise the volume in order to hear the call. We are both using Jawbones and did not have this problem with our first, original Droids.

My major issue is that, when I put my Razr in a dock, be it car or home, it doesn't seem to realize it is docked 90% of the time. Therefore it doesn't go into docked mode. Sometimes it doesn't realize the charger is plugged in, sometimes it does. Could this be a result of its getting wet briefly? Is there any fix? Right after it got wet, I had some problems with hearing callers when I wasn't using the earpiece or speaker function, but I put it in a bag of rice for 24 hours and that problem went away. I have nad no other issues that I can attribute to its getting wet. I can't find anything about this on the web and would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry you are having issues and I am not familiar with the Razr so you may want to head over to our dedicated section and ask about the blue tooth. The second I would venture to say it is because of the water, especially since it started after that.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ensure that media volume is up prior to using the bt. This can be checked in settings/sounds/volumes

The other issue you have are probably due to the water issue. Did it get wet on the side where the dock pins are and did the earpiece get wet as well?

Oh and welcome!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello & welcome! Hope you find a suitable solution to your issue :)...

OP
N

nemismom

Reaction score
Appreciate Responses and Greetings.

Thanks for the responses so far. The earpiece did not get wet. The entire phone did, for about 5 seconds or less. Yes, we have made sure in settings that the volumes are set for maximum. I appreciate the welcome. I will try the bluetooth dedicated section, too. Thanks!