New Handcent user

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Hey guys. After using POP SMS since i got my droid, My brother finally convinced me to go to handcent.

I LOVE the application. but I have an issue. Everytime I Get a text message, it notifies me on Android AND through Handcent. so I end up getting 2 text messages.

Is there anyway to turn off android text and just use Handcent?

Thanks!

bastosero

Reaction score
Hey guys. After using POP SMS since i got my droid, My brother finally convinced me to go to handcent.

I LOVE the application. but I have an issue. Everytime I Get a text message, it notifies me on Android AND through Handcent. so I end up getting 2 text messages.

Thanks!

Go to the stock Messaging app. Hit menu on your phone and choose Settings. Uncheck all of the boxes there and that's it.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score

Thanks!

Go to the stock Messaging app. Hit menu on your phone and choose Settings. Uncheck all of the boxes there and that's it.

Thank you so much =)

JTAC

Reaction score
Handcent rocks. Constant updates. Haven't experienced any problems with it.

Logan3824

Reaction score

Handcent ****ed up for me :( I don't know why...But it deleted all my messages, then when I was trying to send me GF a message, it sent it to my other friend, like all the names and **** were screwed up...Idk what the hell happened but it did.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I absolutely love Handcent. I used to have Chomp SMS but deleted it once I got Handcent. They are great with their updates and I am hoping the next one fixes the lags that were created with the latest update. But I really like all the customizations I can do. Its really great.

koralyne

Reaction score

Handcent ****ed up for me :( I don't know why...But it deleted all my messages, then when I was trying to send me GF a message, it sent it to my other friend, like all the names and **** were screwed up...Idk what the hell happened but it did.

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh, cuz I know how it feels. I used to have the instinct, and my battery was about to die, (I was using a browser I'M) so I messaged my good special friend a 'love ya, bye' and it sent it to a very confused same gender friend. Couldn't explain till I got off work xD