New Guy with Gmail Question

SpasticRat

Reaction score
I have had my Razr now since a few days after its release. It is my first android device. I am having a little trouble with my gmail. Email comes into my notification area. When I tap on a new message I am sent to the email program. I then read and usually delete the email. THen when I close the email app I end up going to Gmail and my mail is there as well. Is there a way to not duplicate the mail going to both email and gmail clients. OR it could just me screwing something up.
I have to say that at the time I purchased the Razr for myself I also purchased an iPhone 4s for my 17 year old daughter. She loves it. I really like the Razr better, but there are a few areas that the iPhone is more "advanced". The iPhone does games much better, it is smoother and has a superior selection of games to choose from. I an not a gamer. I need my phone to be a phone first and an internet device second, entertainment comes in dead last. Secondly, the iPhone is less confusing to operate. The Razr is amazing in its ability to customize virtually everything and that fact adds complexity. Also at time my razr stutters for a split second, the iPhone does not exibit that behavior.
Anyway, help with my email would be appriciated.
This forum has already been a big help to me. Thank You everyone.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Which email client are you using to access your gMail? There should be a setting in the "email client" to delete from server which would then delete it from gMail as well (if that is what you are wanting)...