New guy and excited!

Klowne

Reaction score
I must say that you guys on this forum have done some great work. I have had a Droid Bionic with Verizon for almost a year now and was growing tired of the phone. I have (grandfathered in) unlimited data and even though I feel that I over-pay every month for service, I make sure to use at least 6 Gigs of data to compensate. I stream Netflix daily and use the HDMI out to eliminate a cable bill. I am new to modding Droids, I used to play with the file system of my LG VX4400 way back in the day when people promised me it couldn't do voice ringtones and the file system couldn't handle any browser other than what Verizon provided but fell off shortly after that.

I wasn't actually planning on doing anything to my phone except for upgrading it this coming May but I had a "friend" tell me he could root it and upgrade it from Gingerbread 2.3.4 to ICS and then load a custom JB ROM that he had been working on to it. He was unsuccessful and bricked it :(. Since I knew it could be upgraded I got to work and thanks to you guys I was able to unbrick it, reflash back to stock, use the OTA ICS upgrade and then root, install Safestrap myself, and am not running the Eclipse ROM. I find it amazing the wealth of knowledge you guys have on these devices and I look forward to doing more and more now that I have gotten my feet wet and the fires relit

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard! We are happy ya found us!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Glad you found the help you needed! This is an amazing community of people and we're always happy to see new folks join the ranks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I am VERY happy to hear we were able to help, now make sure to stick around!! :)

OP
K

Klowne

Reaction score
Oh definitely, this beginning was just the tip of the iceberg I feel

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome klowne, from the class clown, enjoy.

Always remember my nose is redder than yours.

Just puppy footing around. (auto correct)

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums . glad you got your phone fixed and welcome to your new addiction..