New google or existing google account?

caramelwhistle

Reaction score
Does anyone have any reason why I shouldn't use my existing google (particular the gmail) account with my new android phone?

I run a great deal of things through that account, hosting, work, clubs etc and I know how difficult it is (think impossible) to reactivate an account closed by google and I don't want that to happen to my original account from something that happens on my phone.

Saying that, most of my accounts use forwarder emails on them rather than my gmail so my use of twitter, facebook etc shouldn't require my google/gmail account.

So for all of you looking back at using your android device; should I start using my new phone with a new google or my existing google account?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I would use the same account, unless you have a good reason not to. You'll have access to the same apps that were installed or purchased from the other phone. I have 4 Gopogle devices, (3 phones and a tablet), all using the same account. The other accounts you mentioned have nothing to do with the registration account of the phone.

alansolo8

Reaction score
It's easier to maintain one account instead of several, don't forget that you can sync the contacts between the phone and the gmail account. So for me, I would prefer to use the same account.