New Google Maps...can't find location history?

MichaelV

Reaction score
Like the title says, I can't seem to find the location history in the new google maps app, or at least a history that is sorted by date like it used to be.

I use it on a daily basis to keep track of all the clients I visit and how long I was there for timesheet purposes.

Anyone know how to get there or is it just gone?

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Tap on the profile icon on the right side of the search bar. That should bring up your history.

OP
M

MichaelV

Reaction score
Tap on the profile icon on the right side of the search bar. That should bring up your history.

Appreciate the response, but all I get when I tap the profile icon is a list of places I searched for, not where I've actually been. The old application you would get a list of places you actually were, in the order you visited them, with the miles driven between them, and a little map snapshot of each place you stopped.

fireman00

Reaction score
It is "My Maps" you're looking for? If I go into Layers there's an option for My Maps that shows places I've been.

OP
M

MichaelV

Reaction score
It is "My Maps" you're looking for? If I go into Layers there's an option for My Maps that shows places I've been.

No, but I know what you are talking about and that is a feature that has disappeared from my phone(Motorola RAZR M) as well. I did find a location history is still being recorded if I log into my account on Google. It is in the account dashboard and shows gps points on a map of where my phone was by date. I guess that will be good enough but Latitude was much clearer and easier to use.