Google Maps, after update = "Cannot find current loaction"

Element77

Reaction score
Hey, fellow "droiders"

This is my first post, and yes I did search, and no I cannot find the answer, but it seems after the last Google Maps update, I cannot find my loaction on my map, if I try to navigate anywhere, it just says "Waiting For Location" and eventually "cannot find current location". Is anyone else having this issue?

m3kilpat

Reaction score
That happened to me too. I restarted my phone and it finally found my location. I've had it do a similar thing before the update though, but it wouldn't find my gps location at all...after the update it found my gps location but when I started navigation it wasn't updating my location to give me turn-by-turn. Again, restarting the phone should solve it.

allikanbe

Reaction score
Hey, fellow "droiders"

This is my first post, and yes I did search, and no I cannot find the answer, but it seems after the last Google Maps update, I cannot find my loaction on my map, if I try to navigate anywhere, it just says "Waiting For Location" and eventually "cannot find current location". Is anyone else having this issue?

There is an free app named GPSTest that shows you satellites in view and in use. Check that. When my location could not be found, I went outside and there were 3 sats in view, but none in use. About 30 minutes later, there were 8 in view and 7 in use and my location was found.

jaymeangreen

Reaction score
Hey, fellow "droiders"

grab a drink and start reading. did yours work correctly all the time before the update?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/777-apparent-gps-failure.html

spalding12

Reaction score
welcome to the forum
please update your USER CP
can't i ask where you are
you can put that in the margin.... or, in your signature

read that other thread mentioned above