navigation...starred places

navigator

Reaction score
How do I maked starred places in Navagation. The directions state, " You can star search results in Google Maps by tapping the star icon near the address."

I have to go to Google Maps? After I find a location in Navigation, how can I star it without going to Maps? I know there are layers that will show when I get to the location, but that seems kind of clumsey when looking for a parking place and having to play with the Droid before one gets out of the car.

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
How do I maked starred places in Navagation. The directions state, " You can star search results in Google Maps by tapping the star icon near the address."

I have to go to Google Maps? After I find a location in Navigation, how can I star it without going to Maps? I know there are layers that will show when I get to the location, but that seems kind of clumsey when looking for a parking place and having to play with the Droid before one gets out of the car.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to go to Google Maps? After I find a location in Navigation, how can I star it without going to Maps?
AFAIK you can't. The option isn't within Nav. Hit Exit Nav and you'll be in Maps.

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
thanks Takeshe. It was obvious that there was no way to star an address in Navigator....but I was hoping I was missing something. It would be a usefull addition.

I also have a problem with intermittent voice directions in Navigator. Sometimes voice works and other times not. I click to mute then unmute. The Navigator volume show the loudest setting, but no voice.

What gives? Sometimes voice and other times silence.