New Gmail Update

porky101

Reaction score
I am trying to update Gmail and I keep on getting a failed install and saying that the package was not signed properly. Anyone else with the same issue?

fizeke136

Reaction score
I am trying to update Gmail and I keep on getting a failed install and saying that the package was not signed properly. Anyone else with the same issue?

I noticed it too. I looked at some of the comments in the market and a lot of people are having issues as well

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Mine updated fine.. if you're having problems i would delete gmail.apk out of /system/app then reboot and install from the market

fizeke136

Reaction score
Mine updated fine.. if you're having problems i would delete gmail.apk out of /system/app then reboot and install from the market

duhh.. Thats probably why mine didnt work. I deleted it but rebooting completely slipped my mind..

ffmarine88

Reaction score
I tried to delete it but it won't let me don't know if I'm doing anything wrong or not

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

fizeke136

Reaction score
I tried to delete it but it won't let me don't know if I'm doing anything wrong or not

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

what did you use to try to delete it? im pretty sure regular file explorers wont work. you can try to delete it with something like root explorer or uninstall with the free version of titanium backup

OP
porky101

porky101

Reaction score
I just uninstalled Gmail.apk via Titanium Backup for Root, restarted and installed Gmail again and everything worked...thanks!

morethansamson

Reaction score
My update failed as well, so I deleted the Gmail.apk using Root Explorer and rebooted... now I can't find the Gmail app in the market - WTF?

Anybody have the 2.3.4 apk? - Never mind, I found it on xda... still not available in market though.

I've attached it to this message for anyone else who encounters this problem...

Attachments

• Gmail 2.3.4.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 201