New Droid X2 VZ update killed bluetooth audio for me

ltkenbo

Reaction score
I have a pioneer head unit and recently I purchased a bluetooth module which allows me to make and receive hands free phone calls as well as another mode which streams bluetooth audio from my phone. Bluetooth audio was really easy to use, I just switch to the bluetooth audio mode on the head unit (it has a phone mode too) and start playing a a song and it will stream. Skype, streamed also. I could also hit play on the menu on the head unit and it would start the last played audio file on my phone. Both functions worked flawlessly the last couple of weeks, that is until the update I received on my droid X2 this morning. After this update bluetooth audio no longer works. However the bluetooth telephone calls and such still works fine. When I go to bluetooth audio mode, it does not see the phone connection for that (the phone is paired and connected with the head unit, as I see the blue logo, just not by audio, only phone mode), however I switch right over to phone I can see my phone and make calls.

Why did this happen?? Anyone else having an issue?

I am seriously going to try to roll back to the old version. The software on my phone has been making me angry in general lately. When I first got my phone back in July, the phone worked great. After the first update (in August I think), it did nothing but add more bugs and crashes. And this one is even worse now that I can't have the bluetooth audio.

OP
L

ltkenbo

Reaction score
Am I the only person experiencing this problem?