New Droid X....

joedubya1421

Reaction score
Hey guys, i picked up a new Droid X yesterday and am curious if it's safe to Root. Not new to rooting but i'm not sure if my phones version is to new after reading the DO NOT!!! sticky, any info be much appreciated.

System Version 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Regards,
joedub

Reaction score
Well it can be and it cant be I rooted my droid x and its working great but it will go against your warranty so it up to if you want to root it. I've had no problems with mine so.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Like Showstoppa said, it will technically void the warranty, but I couldn't live without a rooted/hacked/modded phone, been doing it for too many years.

A simple root won't do much except give "administrator" access to programs/apps on your phone. Rooting IS the first step to mods though. A simple root and you can re-ROM your phone, you can de-Odex it and theme it up.
I suggest doing your homework on this and read, there is plenty of material about it on these forums here. Z4 root is the most current one button Root/UnRoot, and there are a few places to get it if you can't find it.

Good luck to you sir and enjoy your X. If you continue you will soon learn of it's "real" capabilities.

-mg

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Hey guys, i picked up a new Droid X yesterday and am curious if it's safe to Root. Not new to rooting but i'm not sure if my phones version is to new after reading the DO NOT!!! sticky, any info be much appreciated.

System Version 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Regards,
joedub
I have the same version as you do. Z4 is good for that version.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App