New Droid X won't update

lowenste

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Droid X with a 16G chip and it has firmware on it at level 1.13.604.en.US. The update process gets to 100% but then fails with the message 'Info: An unexpected error has occuurred. Please try again later.' I exchanged the phone for another new one and it is doing the same thing. I was on the phone with both Verizon and then Motorola for several hours each and both are perplexed and tried many ways to resolve this but could not. That store has only the phones with the 16G SD card and they will not replace the phone again for me. They insist it is a working unit, just with the original software. Unfortunately, I will have to pay for the restocking option if I return it before 14 days and may lose money on the case, screen protectors, and car charger as well. They will not take these back other as they state they are now used. The store is a Verizon authorized seller. Is being at that firmware level forever really a big loss? The phone works nicely otherwise so perhaps I should just keep it.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You can update your x manually. Go to mydroidworld.com and go to the Droid x section. At the top there is a sticky for the full 2.3.340 sbf. In that thread there is also a link for rsdlite 4.8. You will have to download both to your computer as well as the latest Motorola mobile drivers.

Read about how to use rsdlite, and how to set your phone up to accept the sbf file, its actually very easy. Use rsdlite to flash the 2.3.340 sbf to your phone through usb connection and you will be on the newest software.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You could also take it to vzw and have them flash the sbf too...

OP
L

lowenste

Reaction score
I did ask Verizon to flash it (a corporate store) but they said they could not. I did not find the link on DroidWorld. Thanks all for your replies. I may just keep the phone as is.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Let me get on my laptop and I'll pm you the link, we cannot post them directly on the forums

OP
L

lowenste

Reaction score
Thank you CDY59J! My phone is now running the latest version of the software perfectly. In 2 emails you solved my issues where Verizon and Motorola could not in over a week. Thank you for taking the time to do this for a complete stranger; you are very kind.

ilikebirds120

Reaction score
Hey, I am having the same problem, do you think you can email or pm it to me also? I got a new Droid X and its giving unexpected error also as well.

[email protected] or you can pm me?

Thanks so much!