New Droid user with a few questions.....

RacerX

Reaction score
Hi all, much appreciation for any help here.

Let me say to keep in mind this is my first 3G phone but I think I'm slowly learning my way around it. Yet I still have a couple of questions I could use some help with.

I'm trying to set my email and text message notification chimes to different tones. I love the "droid" notification for text but want my email chime to be different for obvious reasons. I go into email, pull up the menu then into "account settings", then under "email notifications" to "select ringtone" I mark another chime and then press ok. The problem is by the next time I get an email it at some point has reverting back to the default "droid" notification???

Because it also chimes when I get spam (that goes into my spam box) I have resorted to turning email notifications off until I can resolve this. Even turning off the email notifications reverted back to on the first couple of times I tried.

What am I missing here?

Also, does the droid not have speed dial? I'm a big fan of speed dial. Some of my contacts I call several times a day for work and it's muc easier than scrolling through contacts to make a call.

Thanks again for any help.

y6y6y6

Reaction score
Do you have more than one email account? The notification ringtones are set per account rather than globally. You might be setting one one of them. Just a guess.

You can make direct dial shortcuts on your homescreen. Menu > add > shortcut > direct dial, then pick the contact you want a speed dial for.

bikerboy

Reaction score
i have a question about emails .... my yahoo email doesn't update mail , i have new emails on my laptop but none on the droid , i even tried refreshing it .... any ideas please ?

OP
R

RacerX

Reaction score
Do you have more than one email account? The notification ringtones are set per account rather than globally. You might be setting one one of them. Just a guess..

Sorry, you lost me here. My issue isn't about what email I do or don't recieve. It's about the chime reverting to default when I do get an email.

You can make direct dial shortcuts on your homescreen. Menu > add > shortcut > direct dial, then pick the contact you want a speed dial for.

Now thats cool but not the greatest solution since I'd need about 10 contacts which would fill the home page.

OP
R

RacerX

Reaction score
Nevermind, I understand what you're saying now. No, I only have a single email.