New Droid user switching from Iphone need Help!

jclark362

Reaction score
Just quick question about a feature I'm missing that the iphone had that I'm not sure the Droid has. What I'm looking for is in my calendar or in a text message or email when someone would send me a phone number in the mail or text, I could click and hold it and it would either call that number or start a New email. Is there an app for that or a way to turn that feature on? So far so good with the Droid but just missing a couple features the I used all the time on the iphone. Any help would be great.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
That works on my D1. Bump for another Facinate user

jchammer123

Reaction score
That should work on all android phones. Just press on the number or email address and it should pop up with options to call, save to contacts, send email, etc.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
J

jclark362

Reaction score
No luck. It seems to be more in my calendar than anywhere else. I want to be able to just click on a phone number in an event in my calendar and have it just dial.

QUOTE=jchammer123;1576842]That should work on all android phones. Just press on the number or email address and it should pop up with options to call, save to contacts, send email, etc.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums[/QUOTE]

OP
J

jclark362

Reaction score
It only seems to work if its a link and its in a emai. It won't even do it with a phone number in an email. I used the feature of calling my customers directly from my calendar a lot. Also I've noticed I can't search the entire phone for lets say a name of phone number like I could on the iphone as well. Unless I'm just missing that too.

jchammer123

Reaction score
You can definitely do that. If you're using the search widget make sure you are using the "google search" widget and not the "search" widget. With "google search" you just choose the option to search all.

Thats weird, I have no problem selecting a phone number to call from email, browser, maps, text messages, etc.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums