swipe left or right to delete messages, emails, and camara on lock screen

jay1988

Reaction score
Came from an iphone to a droid and I am miss having the ability to swipe left or right to delete text messages, and emails. Am I missing something in my settings to enable this? I also miss having a camara button on my lock screen to open my camera. Is there anyway to have this on the droid? I've had the phone for a couple of weeks now, so far I like it but really miss those feature like I had on iphone.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
When you receive a notification you can pull the status bar down and swipe left or right to remove the notification. This wont delete the actual message but it will remove it from sight until you check it later.

About the lock screen, there is no way to alter it on the stock ROM. You may be able to add what you want using a third party locker app, like go locker. Search the Play Store.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
If you use gmail, you can swipe your emails away now. Not sure if you can do it using the stock email app though, cause I only use the gmail.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Came from an iphone to a droid and I am miss having the ability to swipe left or right to delete text messages, and emails. Am I missing something in my settings to enable this? I also miss having a camara button on my lock screen to open my camera. Is there anyway to have this on the droid? I've had the phone for a couple of weeks now, so far I like it but really miss those feature like I had on iphone.

On my lock screen, I have the option to go to texts, phone, camera, or just unlock.