new droid user HELP!!!

jfly

Reaction score
Hello allz, brand new droid user!! I am trying to become a convert.. i have been running an unlocked and jailbroken iphone for over a year.. I thought I'd run a droid as well since it was said to be a iphone slayer...So far I think both have pos and neg.. Droid is waay faster downloading, but user interface seems to be alot better with iphone.

Okay heres my problem.. not sure if i deleted a file or what but when i mount my droid i can see all files from sd via my pc but on my droid its saying error creating external cache and on my droid itself via astro i can access my sd card unless i power off then power on.. i cut off my audible notifications.. still nothing.. it does it everytime i mount..

not sure if i deleted a file or what,, ive only had my droid a week and looking online this seems to be a problem.. also tried another file manager and still the same thing..

please help me

deaf leppy

Reaction score
Because when you mount your SD card to your PC, it unmounts it from the phone.. Basically, you're pulling your SD card out of your phone and plugging it in to your computer. Your phone can't read or write to it because it isn't there any more.
You shouldn't need to power off to get it unmounted. Just pull down your notification bar on your phone and click the USB storage enabled, then select turn off USB storage.

OP
J

jfly

Reaction score
wow what a fast response.. way to go. so that makes sense, but why do i have to restart everytime after??? if so i guess i can live with it but seems to be a nuisance. thanks again for the quick reply and if anyone else can chime in feel free. i tell ya the droid crowd seems a little less pretentious than the iphone crowd.. thanks for that!!!

deaf leppy

Reaction score
Glad I could be of some assistance.
Like I said in the OP, you shouldn't need to reboot. Try plugging it in to your computer, and do as I said up there^^. Just pull down the notification bar and you should see "Turn off USB storage - select to turn off USB storage." Just select that, then push the "Turn off USB storage" button.

This is what it'll look like after you turn off USB storage, yours might not have the part about USB Debugging.

Last edited:
OP
J

jfly

Reaction score
thanks again leppy ... much appreciated.. i thought it was a bug..but makes sense.. how to learn about roms!!! dancedroid