new droid security i think should be added

zeldorh

Reaction score
hey guys i was thinking of a new security feature they should add in a update. i call the the shadow text. well if your a guy that works at a company like me where you could get fired if somthing get leaked threw your phone.you want to keep things locked down and i frequently text a lot of people and a lot of private messages get passed around and thats where the shadow text comes into play i was thing that they would make a security for text messages were you can pick all the messages you want to keep and still look back on there but they are blocked out or "censored" if you will. and you have to do a pateren or a password to look at the messages. just a little idea i thought up and with any luck might see in a future update

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hah, closest I know is possibly buying aFirewall... keep private texts and calls, plus you can block calls and texts from stupid people... I just use it to block morons. Haha.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I want an app where if you lose your phone and some one "finds it"....you can go online a push a button so the phone go up like the godfather.
Well maybe not that dramatic, dont wanna kill or seriously hurt anyone, but if it is clear that your phone was stolen uuuughhhhhh "found". And the low life is trying to "unlock it" then I should be able to send a text (like with mobile defense) that gives them a time period to take it to a local vzw store. If on the map you can clearly see he is not interested in doing the right thing. Push a button and ........boom. He may get a slight burn, but the phone is useless. :icon_ devil:

[video=youtube;pC3zu3MN6Uc]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=pC3zu3MN6Uc&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know about locking specific texts but there is an app that can put a lock on other apps and i must say it works very well. It's called App Protector Pro and it can be used to lock any app by using a 4 digit password or a swipe pattern. I recommend it. :)