New Droid Owner

pchakmak

Reaction score
Hello all,

My Droid is sitting in the FedEx depot and of course won't be delivered until tomorrow...lol. I order the Seidio case but was wondering if I need to buy a separate protector for the screen of my Droid. I look forward to the responses and can't wait to get my phone tomorrow.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, pchakmak! You've made a wise decision and you won't be disappointed when that Droid finally arrives! The possibilities are endless for customization. So to take up some time (waiting is a drag), read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Screen protectors are a matter of choice as are cases. Many discussions on this here in the forum. So far I've purchased the screen protector, but haven't gotten around to putting it on (how smart is that?). Never have had a case, but considering one evenutally - it can't be a bad idea IMHO.

Hope your new toy arrives really SOON! Enjoy!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My Droid is sitting in the FedEx depot and of course won't be delivered until tomorrow...lol. I order the Seidio case but was wondering if I need to buy a separate protector for the screen of my Droid. I look forward to the responses and can't wait to get my phone tomorrow.

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. Glad you were able to find us and we hope you make it your Forum of choice.

As far as screen protectors go I don't feel they are necessary unless you work someplace where there is sand or diamond dust. Glass is very hard to scratch. Now this is my opinion but I will give you a demonstration:

[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8]YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test[/video]

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Welcome pchakmak! You have entered the Ultimate Droid Zone. Good choice on the phone too! I have the Seidio case, but I may store it for a while and try Ghost Armor. I was at the mall this weekend and was tempted to try it out. I will search the forum for any reviews....

warrior21

Reaction score
I use the innocase by seidio and love it. As for the screen protector I bought the ones from verizon when I got the phone and have had no issues with it. ou will see of posts telling you that the screen is hard to scratch but plenty of people have had problems with them already. They only cost a few dollars and go on fairly easy so I would say to go ahead and get one. Better to be safe then sorry especially with the price of these phones.