New Droid! Now What?

Tisha

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just got my brand new Droid. Have only had about an hour to play with it so far. I switched from a Blackberry Pearl on T-Mobile, so I definitely have a lot of adjusting to do. It took me forever to type my first text and with many errors, even though my fingers are small.

Anyway, just wondering what are the first things I should do/try on it, and what free apps should I get right away? Any settings I should change to conserve battery?

Oh and I'm wondering if using a generic car charger will hurt the battery. I got one from Wirefly when I get the phone for $10, then I just saw a Moto one at Sams Club for $7!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum.

There is a lot of threads here on chargers and issues with some. Read up and take everything one step and a time....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just got my brand new Droid. Have only had about an hour to play with it so far. I switched from a Blackberry Pearl on T-Mobile, so I definitely have a lot of adjusting to do. It took me forever to type my first text and with many errors, even though my fingers are small.

Anyway, just wondering what are the first things I should do/try on it, and what free apps should I get right away? Any settings I should change to conserve battery?

Oh and I'm wondering if using a generic car charger will hurt the battery. I got one from Wirefly when I get the phone for $10, then I just saw a Moto one at Sams Club for $7!

Welcome!

I purchased all of my accessories from VZW. While there are less expensive brands available, I prefer to accept their guidance for accessories.

Here is a link (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/19208-forget-top-5-list-all-your-apps.html) where members listed their favorite Droid apps.

Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Land, Tish! Like they said, there's a bit of a learning curve with the Droid, but it's so worth the time! And I'm with Mike on the accessories thing. I got mine from Verizon too. Have fun with that new toy!