New Droid MAXX going into Cool Down Mode

Hersh

Reaction score
Just got the new MAXX last week, and it keeps wanting to go into cool down mode. Sometimes, when it's in my hand, other time like now, when it's sitting on a table in the air conditioning with the mobile hotspot on. Probably done it a dozen times in the last week, and once it does it once, it keeps wanting to do it. Tonight, while talking on it, I could hear it beeping, and when I finished my call, it was in cool down mode. I had to restart it to get it out, and the Home row buttons wouldn't work after that. The touch screen would work, but I couldn't go back. It gave me the countdown to go into cool down mode, then it canceled itself. Then, my home row buttons would work.

Any issues with the Cool Down Mode, and it there a way to turn it off, or have it not come on as much?

Thanks.
Chip

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow, that doesn't sound like much fun. Cool down mode is doing just what it's designed to do...cool down the phone. The question is what is causing it to heat up.

Are you running any user-installed apps yet? How about social networking? Are you streaming audio or video, or do you have it set to automatically back up photos to the cloud? Are you in an area that has perhaps marginal 4G, but good 3G and could it be the phone trying to maintain a 4G signal?

There are many reasons why a phone will heat up but most have to do with either excessive data usage or poor signal strength.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2