New Droid from LA - Need help w Gmail.

1dp3655

Reaction score
Hi there, first timer in a forum so not sure how to use. Day 2 with Droid and its powerful and fast. But compared with BB curve, its a lot more steps to make a call, email and text. I love the sync with gmail.

My biggest problem is when I open an email, it opens a "Archive, Delete and Older" buttons at bottom. Can I change this to "Reply, foward, Delete"? dont like scrolling all the way down a long email just to reply. Archive being so close to the back button, I have lost about 4 emails to archive and dont know how to get them back. Plus archive should be

Any tips will help me so I can pay it forward. Thanks

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
dude just flick scroll once it goes fast. I just flicked it once to get to the bottom of my longest email.

you have to read the entire email anyway before replying : ) thats why it's at the bottom.

Naruto

Reaction score
if you hit the Menu button (next to the home button on the bottom of your screen) you'll get 6 other options: Newer, Add Star, Mark Unread, Change Labels, Back to Inbox and More. The reply and forward buttons, as with all versions of gmail, is at the bottom of the message. I think that the reply and forward buttons are there because you'd probably need to read a message to reply to or foward it...

OP

1dp3655

Reaction score
Thanks folks. yes, scroll to bottom is fast but sometimes its a long thread and was hoping for a quick solution. I guess it mirros gmail, which has been my gripe there too. Oh well, need to get used to it.

J

JohnDroid

Actually, I've done this on accident a couple of times so I'm not sure which gesture it is... but it seems a "double flick" brings you almost immediately to the bottom. I've done it on accident a couple times. Haven't tried to duplicate it, but I think there is a gesture to skip to bottom.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Actually, I've done this on accident a couple of times so I'm not sure which gesture it is... but it seems a "double flick" brings you almost immediately to the bottom. I've done it on accident a couple times. Haven't tried to duplicate it, but I think there is a gesture to skip to bottom.
funny you say that...i've done that browsing these forums and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to replicate that.

It is a double tap though. that i know. But where? thats the question

J

JohnDroid

funny you say that...i've done that browsing these forums and I cannot for the life of me figure out how or why it does that.

It is a double tap though. that i know. But where? thats the question

Exactly, it's eluding me :)

Maybe we need to ask Motorola. The damn manual is pretty sparse. :(

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Hi there, first timer in a forum so not sure how to use. Day 2 with Droid and its powerful and fast. But compared with BB curve, its a lot more steps to make a call, email and text. I love the sync with gmail.

My biggest problem is when I open an email, it opens a "Archive, Delete and Older" buttons at bottom. Can I change this to "Reply, foward, Delete"? dont like scrolling all the way down a long email just to reply. Archive being so close to the back button, I have lost about 4 emails to archive and dont know how to get them back. Plus archive should be

Any tips will help me so I can pay it forward. Thanks

!!! Welcome "1dp3655" to DroidForums !!!

You use the Forum same as you would a best friend that you need advice from, You ask (POST), You Search the forum using the search function above, You Rave or Rant about how great or, (I doubt this) how bad your Droid is. Just like the rest of us. :p Above all Have fun while you are here too.
Knowledge is Power, and this forum has the power to give you the knowledge to master your new DROID. :icon_ banana:

sir

Reaction score
actually i've had a similar problem, but without a double-tap. i'f i'm in a list of items (contacts, for example) and i touch one of them, it just jumps to the bottom of the list. quite annoying. need to figure out what the deal is with that.