Need Help w/ TorrenFU

D3C4F

Reaction score
Need Help w/ TorrentFU

Does anyone know exactly how to connect your Droid with your PC for use with TorrentFU.

I got though to the Web UI on Utorrent, but I can't get my phone to connect with the profile that I set up. Anybody have detailed instructions, or troubleshooting tips for me?

Here's the original instructions I used Android App: Torrent FU | Mike Norman's Blog

Thanks in advance.

OP
D3C4F

D3C4F

Reaction score
Make sure you used the right IP: What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address
Options, Preferences, Connection in uTorrent: Use that port
WebUI - Make a name and password. Don't use an alternative listening port

that should be it.

Alright, I tried the website, it gives me an IP that conflicts with the IP I found when I went into my command prompt. I tried using the IP from that website but I couldn't even log into the utorrent web UI. I tried using my old IP with the new port, that worked. When I tried to send a torrent from TorrentFU to my computer using the new settings.... failed. I get an error.

Any thoughts?

OP
D3C4F

D3C4F

Reaction score
My router is connected to my computer via ethernet. It's an Actiontec router that Verizon gave us when they set up FiOS... if that helps.

vinnard

Reaction score
When you use command prompt and type ipconfig does it give you a 192.168.1.x number?

OP
D3C4F

D3C4F

Reaction score
Yeah, is that what I should use? Because that one worked to open the web UI.

vinnard

Reaction score
That's weird that that one would work cause that isn't your real IP... Just your router IP. Are you using wifi?

OP
D3C4F

D3C4F

Reaction score
Well my WiFi is on, but ATM I'm hardwired with the ethernet cable. I'm on a laptop.

OP
D3C4F

D3C4F

Reaction score
Oh no not right now, should I turn that on? I usually keep it off to conserve battery.

vinnard

Reaction score
No, 3g should work just the same. Try using the IP from that website again and make sure you have the right port and that the username is right. Sometimes a space is added after it so make sure there is no space after your username.

OP
D3C4F

D3C4F

Reaction score
It says the link appears to be broken. The only IP it will accept is the one I got that looks like 192.168.1.x

Here's exactly the settings I have on utorrent:

options>prefs>connection: "port" I used that port for the web UI, no problems

options>prefs>webui: Enable Web UI- ticked. u/n and p/w are set up. Alternative listening port - not ticked

I also have UPnP disabled in connection. Not sure if that affects anything.

vinnard

Reaction score
I have UPnP enabled. I guess you could try enabling it to see if that helps.

OP
D3C4F

D3C4F

Reaction score
It worked! I just tested it by sending Weeds Season 4 to my computer. How long does it usually take to show up?