New Droid 2 owner!

Khiraji

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

After months of trying fruitlessly to fix my terminally-ill enV Touch, I finally took the plunge and got myself a Droid 2. I absolutely love it! Lurked these forums for a while prior to buying, so I figured it was due time for me to make an account. dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

After months of trying fruitlessly to fix my terminally-ill enV Touch, I finally took the plunge and got myself a Droid 2. I absolutely love it! Lurked these forums for a while prior to buying, so I figured it was due time for me to make an account. dancedroid

Glad to have you here. :welcome: and we hope you make this your forum of choice.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Now that you joined check out the entire Droid 2 section in the Forum. Enjoy your time on the Forum.

Mike

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I also came from an env touch and I can tell you it is going to be an amazing transition. Did you do any modifications to your touch or leave it stock?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Khiraji

Khiraji

Reaction score
I went through 3 Touches (all 3 touch screens died after about 4 months), all stock. The only "mods" I did were loading custom rings via BitPim - other than that, the phone did pretty much everything I needed it to do out of the box. Oh, and on my most recent Touch I also discovered a way to use VZNav without the recurring subscription. It's a useful app, but $10/month is rather steep indeed.

The maps and navigation on the Droid 2 are light-years ahead - so useful and fun!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I was a member of envtouch.org for the life of my phone and we spent large chunks of our time trying to make the touch look like an android phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App