new droid 2 owner

Hanzo

Reaction score
Hey ppl just got my droid 2 like two weeks ago and I love it. The possiblities with this phone are effin ridiculous. I have a few apps installed so far and I can't seem to put this thing down. I know this forum is gunna provide me with awsome information for my phone. Anybody suggest some must have apps? Also I've been wanting to change the overall theme/look of the phone but im having trouble finding a free app too do this...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. If you're looking for a way to customize the phone may I suggest LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher in the marketplace. They are homescreen replacements that offer some nice customization. Both are free but launcher pro has a pay option that adds some functionality. Adw also has the option for adding themes on top, they are also available in the market. Some are free and some are not. Keep in mind though that to fully theme the phone you can always root to add themes/roms.

Have fun.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 and :welcome: to Droid Forums!!

Welcome to the forums. If you're looking for a way to customize the phone may I suggest LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher in the marketplace. They are homescreen replacements that offer some nice customization. Both are free but launcher pro has a pay option that adds some functionality. Adw also has the option for adding themes on top, they are also available in the market. Some are free and some are not. Keep in mind though that to fully theme the phone you can always root to add themes/roms.

Have fun.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
H

Hanzo

Reaction score
Ok ill try that out. Im still new to smartphones its my first. What's root?

OP
H

Hanzo

Reaction score
Thanks that explained it very well. Its ok bout the title im new to droid forums but not forums in general. There is always a new member asking the same questions but I've learned that sometimes its good to give people that extra help by pointing them in the right direction. I was completely lost at first lol but then again everyone is when they just start out

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're exactly right! Though you will run across some rude people sometimes, don't pay them any mind Hanzo! Make yourself at home here and enjoy your stay! There's ALOT to learn but this community makes it fun and exciting! :dancedroid:

Thanks that explained it very well. Its ok bout the title im new to droid forums but not forums in general. There is always a new member asking the same questions but I've learned that sometimes its good to give people that extra help by pointing them in the right direction. I was completely lost at first lol but then again everyone is when they just start out

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
H

Hanzo

Reaction score
Thanks for help and warm welcomes guys!