New Clockwork Recovery (5.0) soon to be released - if you can help test join IRC

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
New Clockwork Recovery (5.0) released!

New clockwork recovery for D2/DX is coming soon...if you want to help test, join irc.feenode.net, #koush.

EDIT:

Clockwork Recovery 5.0.0.8 is released...however...flashed it in ROM Manager, but it just said "downloaded successfully" and didn't show flash progress, and boot into recovery from ROM Manager and from power button still takes me to 2.5.0.8 recovery.

In the past, selecting the "Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery" would download and flash the recovery - might be a two step (download/flash like a ROM) process now...need some more information.

OK...here's what you do:

1. Open ROM Manager and select "Flash Clockwork Recovery" to download the new recovery. OR Go to My Brain Hurts: ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image and download it and place it on your SD card

2. Boot into Recovery

3. Select Install zip from SD card and select the file "recovery-clockwork-5.0.0.8-droid2.zip" from Clockwork>Downloads>Recoveries if you downloaded using ROM Manager (or from wherever you put it if you downloaded from the web site)

4. Flash completes and everything turns blue...you're on 5.0.0.8

Last edited:

nailbomb3

Reaction score
What's new in this version ?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I'd like to know what's new with this too. Any insight on that information?

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen an entire change list, but the backup file format is going to Tar, and the backup process is supposed to be much faster.

ksalce

Reaction score
Haven't seen an entire change list, but the backup file format is going to Tar, and the backup process is supposed to be much faster.

I just backed up on the new version and the process took just as long as it did before. I've seen no improvements in that area.

on the miui shiz

nailbomb3

Reaction score
Check rom manager he updated it again 5.0.1.0

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is the changelog for this update? The only new thing I see is a power off option. What am I missing?

CM74D2-GB

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is the changelog for this update? The only new thing I see is a power off option. What am I missing?

CM74D2-GB

Another update? Yesterday I noticed a **go back** as an option...