New Atom Based Chips Confirmed to Work with Jelly Bean According to Intel

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Orange_san_diego_front.png

According to Intel, their new Atom-based smartphone and tablet chips will work just fine with Google's latest Android 4.1/Jelly Bean OS. Here's their statement,

"Intel continues to work closely with Google to enable future versions of Android, including Jelly Bean, on our family of low power Atom processors”.

Unfortunately, no timeline as to when the devices might start to receive this update has been given, but it's interesting to see that Intel is making sure there hardware keeps up with the changes. Folks with Orange Network phones should be pleased.

Source: TalkAndroid

jerkwad

Reaction score
^ i was thinking the same thing! the article is far less interesting to me than getting that widget lol

the humorous part is the fact that you see a gingerbread taskbar when discussing a jellybean compatibility article - it totally ruins the good looks!!

ExodusC

Reaction score
That's not even a Gingerbread notification bar, that's the pre-Gingerbread notification bar... on an article about Jelly Bean!

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep... but they don't have a picture of Jelly Bean running on the Intel/Orange phone yet, so I just had to "make do." :)

jerkwad

Reaction score
yeah, i saw the linked article. one would THINK (crazy!) that when Intel says "hey our stuff works great with JB" that they would actually "prove" it with a picture of said phone and os together...

That's like posting a picture of a 2006 PT Cruiser and saying "our PT Cruiser now does 200mph" lol (not even if you push it out of an airplane)

now tell me how to get that widget - dang!