CTIA Day Two Pics: Orange Intel Phone from Orange

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
orange-with-logo.JPG

We were thrilled to be able to check out Orange's new offering, the Orange phone powered by Intels Medfield. The phone is named after the network upon which it resides. For those unfamiliar with Orange, they are a French Telecom brand. The Intel Medfield Atom Z2460 chipset powered phone will only be available in Europe but there are supposedly Atom powered phones coming to the U.S. eventually. According to our sources, Intel currently has no plans to offer a Windows based phone, and this one will initially run on Android Gingerbread, although an upgrade to ICS is planned.

specorange-with-logo.JPG

Our crew at the event came away impressed by the sleek styling and fast performance of the phone after playing with it. Here's a quote from "cereal killer":

The Atom processor is very zippy!

Here's a spec breakdown:
  • 4.03-inch 1024 x 600 Display
  • 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2460 CPU with Intel GMA 400MHz Graphics chip
  • 1GB Ram
  • 16GB Storage
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • HSPA+ 21 Mbps
  • 8MP Rear Camera
  • 1.3MP Front Camera

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Really, Gingerbread!? Its not like this is coming out just as ICS is coming out and if its going to be your first phone, that part turns me off.

champaned_out

Reaction score
Wow I think the OG Droid has the same battery capacity as this one lol.. why don't these people realize that a 1400mAh battery or anything near that size just wont be enough to keep the device running a full day without constantly being conservative minded... I run through 1400mAh in a just 3 maybe 4 hours on my thunderbolt ifi really wanted to

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is running the Intel Atom chipset, so it is possible that it is more battery efficient than the typical chips found in other smartphones (although we have no idea if this is true yet). :)

Eric18

Reaction score
This phone is good but I'd like to see Intel try to top Samsung's Galaxy S3. Like how Samsung is making the phone easier to use, providing a unique experience and Advanced/Top of the Line Tech. I do wish for Intel to do a Quad Core Processor with Graphics Card, 3D 1080 HD 12mp camera or higher, High Res 3D AMOLED Display, etc. But that is my near future dream phone that would last a year before an upgrade......... LOL:biggrin:

nickb34

Reaction score
Wow I think the OG Droid has the same battery capacity as this one lol.. why don't these people realize that a 1400mAh battery or anything near that size just wont be enough to keep the device running a full day without constantly being conservative minded... I run through 1400mAh in a just 3 maybe 4 hours on my thunderbolt ifi really wanted to

There's no LTE modem, so it probably isn't nearly as power hungry as your thunderbolt.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This phone is good but I'd like to see Intel try to top Samsung's Galaxy S3. Like how Samsung is making the phone easier to use, providing a unique experience and Advanced/Top of the Line Tech. I do wish for Intel to do a Quad Core Processor with Graphics Card, 3D 1080 HD 12mp camera or higher, High Res 3D AMOLED Display, etc. But that is my near future dream phone that would last a year before an upgrade......... LOL:biggrin:
It's up to the manufacturers to build out the phone. Intel only provides a reference design and it's up to the manufactures to build what they want.

The Atom handles 2D/3D flawlessly. Great chip. I can't wait to see it benchmarked and compared to the rest of the field.