New App PhotoMath Will Solve Your Equations Using Your Phone's Camera

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

High School and College Students Everywhere rejoice! I can remember the days of Algebra and Calculus. In those days if you had a high enough powered calculator you could get the answers to your equations, but that never did any good because of course the teachers would want you to solve out the equations by hand and show your work. PhotoMath is a new app set to release for Android in 2015 that allows you to take a photo of an equation. It will then solve that equation showing the steps involved to solve. There is a concern that this type of tool could be dangerous in the wrong hands. It makes homework too easy, and if you aren't really learning then tests and exams could be super difficult if not impossible when you arrive and teachers confiscate phones. At any rate you will want to use this app for only the most difficult of problems that you become stuck on.

Via Engadget

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Aww but I graduate college in 2015, I sure could use this for statistics now ;p

Briankbl

Reaction score
*Deleted*
My apologies, misread post.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No Android?>? Bummer! That's just SO cool.

BHuber09

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3
Twitter
@BHuber09
Haha I saw this.. Not sure how in depth it is going to be though, I'd love for it to be able to solve all the math I'm taking.. Buttttttt this is just a pretty basic problem.. Good luck Google.. Good luck.
u4yve9a3.jpg

Note'd