New and PLEASE HELP ME in Ohio!!!

Jenlj78

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I realy hope you can help. I am new to this forum. My husband just got his incredible yesterday and loves it :)
I am seriously considering switching to a droid X myself(I am not really wanting an HTC) . I actually had the X in my account online to order but chickened out. I currently have a BB Storm. I have had it replaced and that lasts for 6 months then it's another refurb on the way! I am sure the one I have is crashing as I am battery pulling a lot. Not here to bash BB or complain just trying to explain my situation. I love having a touch screen and therefore don't want any other BB (so please don't suggest that)!
I am nervous switching to a droid becasue I have heard email lags. I have three email accounts to keep up with. Is this something to worry about about? I have also read how Facebook doesn't send notifications (that may be me just being spoiled).
14 years ago my first cell phone was a Motorola and it was great. I had bad experiences with them after that and switched to LG chocolate and loved it then once I got to the Voyager I had nothing but problems and then got my storm.
I talked to sales rep as my husband was getting his phone activated last night. He had the X and talked highly of it. But he is paid to do that. :icon_eek:
What should I do? Am I worrying to much?? Just the options in apps is very inviting! Please help! :rofl3:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I realy hope you can help. I am new to this forum. My husband just got his incredible yesterday and loves it :)
I am seriously considering switching to a droid X myself(I am not really wanting an HTC) . I actually had the X in my account online to order but chickened out. I currently have a BB Storm. I have had it replaced and that lasts for 6 months then it's another refurb on the way! I am sure the one I have is crashing as I am battery pulling a lot. Not here to bash BB or complain just trying to explain my situation. I love having a touch screen and therefore don't want any other BB (so please don't suggest that)!
I am nervous switching to a droid becasue I have heard email lags. I have three email accounts to keep up with. Is this something to worry about about? I have also read how Facebook doesn't send notifications (that may be me just being spoiled).
14 years ago my first cell phone was a Motorola and it was great. I had bad experiences with them after that and switched to LG chocolate and loved it then once I got to the Voyager I had nothing but problems and then got my storm.
I talked to sales rep as my husband was getting his phone activated last night. He had the X and talked highly of it. But he is paid to do that. :icon_eek:
What should I do? Am I worrying to much?? Just the options in apps is very inviting! Please help! :rofl3:

I've experienced no issues with email - lagging or otherwise. Until recently I used K-9 for my pop3 accounts and the Google app for my gmail account. This morning I read a thread about emails and it was suggested to setup Google to pull my other accounts and the push them to my phone. I setup the accounts on Google and gave each a label/name that lets me instantly identify the source of the email. I selected the option to leave the pop3 mail on the servers. That way when I get home, I can download all mail onto my computer.

As I said, I've only been doing this for a few hours now and it seems to be working great. I did not find a place yet on the google setup scheme to tell it how often to pull the emails, but it seems to happening very, very frequently.

If you choose not to do this, you can use K-9 email program or Maildroid. Both do a great job in my opinion.

Get the X, you will love it and it's android operating system. Plus per a Verizon memo today, the X will get Froyo 2.2 operating system upgrade in early September. BTW, if you read the X forums 80-90% of all the "issues" you will see are merely operator errors. This phone seems to attracting more first time smart phone buyers than others. But that's because it's and awesome phone.

Welcome to the board and enjoy.

OP
Jenlj78

Jenlj78

Reaction score
Thank you for your response! I just don't do well with change. I think I drove Verizon crazy when I was considering my Storm. I think I made three trips (at least) to the store asking questions before I finally bought it. I want to play with my husbands incredible when he gets home and maybe that will help me decide to get the X. Today I emailed him and it took 12 minutes (yahoo email) for him to receive it but I got his reply back within 2 minutes. I sent one from my road runner account and he never did get it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tested the Google push of one of my Pop3 accounts today and it took 5 minutes. But that was on the infrequently used account. I checked with Google and they actually decide the polling frequency based on the amount of traffic an account experiences. If it it infrequent it will be polled between 2 and no more than 5 minutes. If the account has high frequency it may be polled as frequently as every minute. This setup appears to using less battery too. I'm liking this method better and better.

My advice, and you know I wouldn't lie to you!!, is to get the X. Wonderful, spectacular screen, great processor, unbelievable memory and up to a 32 gig card!! Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

OP
Jenlj78

Jenlj78

Reaction score
Thanks! You are helping to convince me even more!!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's awesome JLJ78!! I can't wait to see your "Phone: BB Storm" Change to "DroiD X":motdroidvert: :welcome: to the forum!!! :D