New and learning.

rufrydrsc2

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm very new to android phones, in fact this is my first. Just picked up the Droid Bionic last Friday and have been learning all about it since then. Very different from the Blackberry I came from.

usher6360

Reaction score
Haha yeah. I have the same story as you ;). Now let me tell you what rooting is. Rooting is basically hacking your phone. To me, the only benefit of rooting is flashing roms. Roms give your phone a whole new look. Flashing is basically installing. You can also freeze apps to save your battery, and more! If you have any questions, ask me. Welcome to the world of Android :).

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Android phones are indeed awesome. You've also found one of the best communities around. Feel free to ask any questions and this community will jump all over them.

Enjoy you're new purchase.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

usher6360

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Android phones are indeed awesome. You've also found one of the best communities around. Feel free to ask any questions and this community will jump all over them.

Enjoy you're new purchase.

Yes yes, and there is also an app for Droid forums on the Android market, just saying. :). This person is right. This is one of the best Android communities in the world. Make a thread, you'll automatically get some replies ;).

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
In regards to rooting..... Don't be in a rush. You can do a lot of customization without it and most phones run fine without root for most people.

Get used to the operating system first and them decide if you need to root.

I've been using Android for years now and have never felt the need to root.

usher6360

Reaction score
In regards to rooting..... Don't be in a rush. You can do a lot of customization without it and most phones run fine without root for most people.

Get used to the operating system first and them decide if you need to root.

I've been using Android for years now and have never felt the need to root.

Hes right, in fact I've been rooted for a month now and returned to stock today. (Stock is like what look your phone had when you first got it).

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. just be sure to read all the info provided within these forums. take ur time as they mentioned. but just remember the community is here to assist u