New and i need help

Panda Jerk

Reaction score
Hey, im jake im not new to forums but i am new to my Moto Droid ive had it for a while and i have questions.

First and foremost.

ALMOST every time i go into Camera or Gallery it says insert sd card....i have a 16gb sd in it now.

i have formatted it twice but nothing deletes off my phone....every thing is still there.

Second. I am trying to delete photos and stuff from my phone and when i go into gallery and delete photos it deletes them but when i restart my phone all the photos come back. OR like two photos come back and the rest are gone.....

Third. when i download photos off the web i cant look at them.....they dont automatically save to my gallery.

Other than that. i like it but it gets VERY VERY annoying and some help would be great.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Moto-droid, right?

Download Astro. Use it to navigate to the /sdcard area. /sdcard/dcim/camera is where your camera images are. It might be that your card is not inserted correctly and our pics are going to the phone itself.

OP
P

Panda Jerk

Reaction score
for example.....i just turned off the phone and turned it back on and all the photos i "deleted" are back on the phone/.....every single one of them. its like it has a mind of its own

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup, I'm on my second jeep, was jeepless for 5 years or so between them.

Hate to break it to you, but if they are there, you didn't delete them:)

Use Astro. Figure out where the files are. It will let you search the phone for a file name, or a partial filename.

With a card working correctly you should be able to plug in your usb cable from phone to pc, use the pull down notification bar to mount the card, and see the card as a drive letter on your computer. Then you should be able to navigate the folder and see what is there.

OP
P

Panda Jerk

Reaction score
Yup, I'm on my second jeep, was jeepless for 5 years or so between them.

Hate to break it to you, but if they are there, you didn't delete them:)

Use Astro. Figure out where the files are. It will let you search the phone for a file name, or a partial filename.

With a card working correctly you should be able to plug in your usb cable from phone to pc, use the pull down notification bar to mount the card, and see the card as a drive letter on your computer. Then you should be able to navigate the folder and see what is there.
I did download Astro and i try to delete photos through there and it says "error deleting file"

im getting pretty irritated.....i know my SD card is inserted correctly..... i have 250 songs on it....its there...it must be messed up. should i go to verizon? is it a phone issue? or an SD card issue?

and thats cool...im a toyota guy...(as far as off roading goes) :eek:

OP
P

Panda Jerk

Reaction score
oh my God. (excuse my language but) every ****ing time i go into gallery it says "SD Card unmounted or not present"

what the hellll!!!!!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gotta ask some basic questions, just to make sure we got everything covered.

When you use Astro, you can navigate throughout the /sdcard directory?

When you mount your phone to your PC you can do so and can navigate the folders with Windows Explorer?

Is your phone a stock phone that you haven't modified?

I want to rule out that your card is not mounted and that images you try to delete are actually on the phone, not the card.