New and could use some help

Bremen

Reaction score
I am really new to going out side the box when it comes to moding a phone.

I have a Motorola Droid 4 and I am looking to flash CM10 to my phone. I have it rooted, and I have safe strap 3.04 installed on my phone. I have created "Rom Slot 1," but from there i am not sure what to do.

Is there a step by step guide (and I mean step by step. Not a list of stuff i need to download) out there that can get me through the rest of this.

Lost and confused....

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Once the slot is activated, install the Rom in recovery and then reboot system.

Also, be sure to download the Rom and remember where you placed it so when you go to install the Rom you know where to find it. Most loikely of you downloaded it using your phone's browser it will be on sdcard » download (not sdcard-ext).

Last edited:
OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Where do I put the rom prior to instal?

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Ok.... so you answered that before my reply posted. I found a download for cm 10 but there are several different options.

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing maserati

what exactly am i looking at here.

Again.... im really new to all of this and any help is very much appreciated.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Look at the dates in the filename. Usually the most recent Rom has some bugs worked out of it.

As far as CM10, the developers just converted to JB 4.2 so the builds are still buggy. I would use Eclipse right now since it has no bugs.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
I managed to get Eclipse loaded to my phone last night and going through setting it up.

Can I create another Rom Slot and add another rom?

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Wfi tether on Eclipse 1.5.2

I have a Motorola Droid 4 and I have just installed the Eclipse 1.5.2 rom and I am having issues getting the wifi tether working. I can not see the device while trying to connect to it with my lap top. any ideas?

kenji91

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid 4 and I have just installed the Eclipse 1.5.2 rom and I am having issues getting the wifi tether working. I can not see the device while trying to connect to it with my lap top. any ideas?

Under device profile, make sure you have motorola droid razr (cdma/lte) selected.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
That did the trick. Thank you.