Netflix to TV using MHL 2.0 HD MI adapter

Stiefel

Reaction score
Audio is not in sync with video when streaming Netflix to my TV using the Samsung MHL 2.0 adapter and my Note 3. I have also tried the Samsung Allshare hub, and have had the same problem. The guy at the Samsung store at BestBuy said it should work. We even tried streaming Netflix to a Samsung TV using the direct WiFi to the TV. Same result ...audio lagging 1 or 2 seconds behind video. He even tried his phone, same problem. Other video sources seem to work fine. We tried YouTube on his phone and my phone and the audio and video were in sync just fine. Just Netflix seems to be out of sync. My TV is a Vizio with HDMI input. Is this a known, normal situation with Note 3 and Netflix?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have an LG Smart TV that has an audio/video sync setting. Have you checked your Vizio setup for a similar setting?

OP
Stiefel

Stiefel

Reaction score
I have an LG Smart TV that has an audio/video sync setting. Have you checked your Vizio setup for a similar setting?

Thank you for the reply!

Well, I gave it a shot. The lip sync option on my Vizio took things in the wrong direction. Made it worse. I am surprised that this phone seems to be worse than the RAZR, at least in this one respect. The RAZR is dated, and the battery isn't good at all anymore. Gotta say, the Motorola Webtop and HD dock with wireless usb keyboard and mouse made an awesome combo connected to my TV. Gonna miss it.

OP
Stiefel

Stiefel

Reaction score
Have you tried to screen cast to Chromecast?
No. I don't have Internet at home. Still a Verizon unlimited data customer so connecting phone to TV is important to me. I think it is a conspiracy to get me to subscribe to an ISP at home. ;)