netflix on Droid 2 global

claymonke0

Reaction score
so netflixs finally comes out with an android application, but its only avalible to like five phones officially. i got the apk and downloaded it, and i was able to log in, but it wouldn't let me stream anything. xda recently released two modded versions of the app, nither of which would let me stream on my phone. i'm running the stock app, and would like to know if anybody else got it to work on their droid 2 global running stock, though id be willing to change to another rom if it works on that, thanks!

Kimo91

Reaction score
I heard it only works with gingerbread cause I was having the same problem after I downloaded the APK.

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
so netflixs finally comes out with an android application, but its only avalible to like five phones officially. i got the apk and downloaded it, and i was able to log in, but it wouldn't let me stream anything. xda recently released two modded versions of the app, nither of which would let me stream on my phone. i'm running the stock app, and would like to know if anybody else got it to work on their droid 2 global running stock, though id be willing to change to another rom if it works on that, thanks!
There's 2 threads on this forum about getting it to work. I think you need gingerbread but don't recall. Try the search engine here. It wont bite.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

sid_wisc

Reaction score

I am running it on my D2G and it is running (can't say fine) but in fast forward mode...... WTF.... I got it froim XDA and if you want I can find the apk or send it to you but like i said I am able to log in and select to play the movie and it does run but everything is running in fast forward ( the voices are like chipmunks.... lol) i wish anyone can tell me how to fix that!!!!

Ace_Developer

Reaction score

I am running it on my D2G and it is running (can't say fine) but in fast forward mode...... WTF.... I got it froim XDA and if you want I can find the apk or send it to you but like i said I am able to log in and select to play the movie and it does run but everything is running in fast forward ( the voices are like chipmunks.... lol) i wish anyone can tell me how to fix that!!!!
sid_wisc: Can you please post or send me the APK that you are using?

ObieNobie

Reaction score
my netflix will start to stream and then it crashed after 3 seconds... any ideas?

473x15

Reaction score
I did try the 4 mods and none of them works for me :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ObieNobie

Reaction score
I tried all the mods there as well none worked... looks like we have to wait :(

Sent from my Droid2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on a d2 and the devicecheck disabled one works great and I'm on froyo (gb is not required). I sent it to my friend with a global but it wouldn't dl either

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Anyone know the internal difference between the two phones that make it do global doesn't work?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good question. I thought the only difference was the radio and processor speed

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

gunz.jones

Reaction score
D2g is a dx with d2 clothing and global hardware. Radios and sensor differences in the drivers may be the plaguing issue.

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel

ObieNobie

Reaction score
It must be because I've read online people with the dx working with mod