netflix now on market for thunderbolt non root

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
Mine started to play for a second then gave me the DRM M
message.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

Reaction score
I've been wanting Netflix since I got my Bolt in March. Now it finally comes, but I'm about to remove streaming from my account due to the price increase :p

bases1616

Reaction score
I've been wanting Netflix since I got my Bolt in March. Now it finally comes, but I'm about to remove streaming from my account due to the price increase :p
There is not a price increase on streaming. It is if you have streaming and one DVD at a time that it goes up $6. Drop the DVD and it goes back to $8.

polish23

Reaction score
Not working for me either. Once again, DRM = legitimate customers getting bent over while the pirates happily enjoy their media on whatever device they want, whenever they want, however they want.

Hey people who pirate shouldn't even be brought up in this post because that's what they do... And I really don't blame them for doing it... That and how does it have anything to do with netflix still not working properly on the tb? That should be more of a VZW HTC issue

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
I just spoke with netflix, they said they are aware of and working on the DRM license issue on the Thunderbolt and it should be working later on today(7/20/11). She could not give me a time frame.

Reaction score
There is not a price increase on streaming. It is if you have streaming and one DVD at a time that it goes up $6. Drop the DVD and it goes back to $8.

That's not true if you weren't paying for streaming in the first place. I've been with Netflix for over 5 years and a couple of years ago they just added streaming to my account for no additional cost. Now by separating discs from streaming my bill will go up $5 a month. I don't use streaming enough to make that worth my while.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Anyword on whether they will release it for honeycomb my pos transformer can't even stream netflix

armeddroid

Reaction score
I just off the phone with NETFLIX and they are saying that there was a whole bunch of phones that was NETFLIX ready released this morning, UNFORTUNATELY the official list does not have the TBOLT on the list yet for TSupport. So....they are stating that its a connection issue and 3g might bounce you back off. So for trial and error purposes, try it via WIFI.
NETFLIX is well aware of the fact that if wasnt compatible, it would not show up in the market to be available. So they are stating that it might have leaked a bit early and its not officially up and running.
Please post if you are able to get on so that everyone can test their device.

JVince

Reaction score
I am able to log in and see my queue but when I try to launch a movie it kicks me back to the main screen. No DRM message though.

daggah

Reaction score
Not working for me either. Once again, DRM = legitimate customers getting bent over while the pirates happily enjoy their media on whatever device they want, whenever they want, however they want.

Hey people who pirate shouldn't even be brought up in this post because that's what they do... And I really don't blame them for doing it... That and how does it have anything to do with netflix still not working properly on the tb? That should be more of a VZW HTC issue

It has to do with piracy because DRM is what the media companies are using to protect their content, and they're doing it because of their fears of piracy...as if anyone's going to ever try to rip content from a video streaming service on an Android device when it's already ridiculously easy to rip a DVD or Blu-ray. :rolleyes: Hence my comment about legitimate customers getting screwed while pirates get to enjoy their content hassle-free...

Biasedthunder

Reaction score
I just off the phone with NETFLIX and they are saying that there was a whole bunch of phones that was NETFLIX ready released this morning, UNFORTUNATELY the official list does not have the TBOLT on the list yet for TSupport. So....they are stating that its a connection issue and 3g might bounce you back off. So for trial and error purposes, try it via WIFI.
NETFLIX is well aware of the fact that if wasnt compatible, it would not show up in the market to be available. So they are stating that it might have leaked a bit early and its not officially up and running.
Please post if you are able to get on so that everyone can test their device.

It does NOT work on WiFi either. Its a little disappointing but I read another post that they said sometime today, I have waited this long, another few hours is no biggy.. we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Regards.

Reaction score
Check for an update on the market. Finally started working

Mastrik

Reaction score
App was updated at 2 pm eastern US time. I installed it and it works beautifully! Now to ignore it while I try to work :)