Netflix v Hulu+

DROID11

Reaction score
So I am currently a Netflix subscriber, but I really don't use it a lot. With the price changes and what not I am considering ditching Netflix and going with Hulu+. on top of all that, the Hulu+ app is now available for the tbolt unlike Netflix. Can anyone with experience with both give me some pros and cons please. Thanks!

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt

BOA

Reaction score
Yeah I'm curious about that too. The price change pissed me off.

Jaymond

Reaction score
The price to stream Netflix and the price for Hulu+ are the same still. Main issue with Hulu+ I have is that most of the content is PC only, so it won't stream on my Xbox, while Netflix has everything available no matter what you use it with. Netflix just needs to add support for the TB, which will probably come with GB, whenever that happens.

brad r

Reaction score
Main issue with Hulu+ I have is that most of the content is PC only, so it won't stream on my Xbox,
Yeah I share the same annoyance with the xbox version. Do you know if these same restrictions apply to the android version?

ocbooger

Reaction score
I have the 2 dvd/unlimited streaming package with netflix and probably just downgrade to streaming only if I keep it at all.

Bamf sense 3.0 RC4 with MR2 radio

Ambushbug

Reaction score
I've tried both and personally prefer Netflix. Part of my preference is based on the Xbox limitations others have mentioned, but even without that Netflix has been a better service for me and seems to have a larger library.

As far as the price change goes, the increase doesn't anger me as much as the marketing department does. Don't treat us like idiots trying to make it sound like you are doing us a favor or saving us money with this new pricing plan. Just come out and say our overhead is going way up do to renewing our licensing agreements with studios so we need to increase our revenue stream. We get it, don't treat us like we are stupid.

ocbooger

Reaction score
As far as the price change goes, the increase doesn't anger me as much as the marketing department does. Don't treat us like idiots trying to make it sound like you are doing us a favor or saving us money with this new pricing plan. Just come out and say our overhead is going way up do to renewing our licensing agreements with studios so we need to increase our revenue stream. We get it, don't treat us like we are stupid.

+1
Bamf sense 3.0 RC4 with MR2 radio

motty69

Reaction score
Netflix has a much better movie selection, even if a lot of them are older and B-movies. Hulu + has a better selection of current TV shows, buy Netflix had a bigger selection of older shows.

The biggest difference though if that everything (with exception of HD) Netflix offers for streaming online is available to stream on any other Netflix approved device. Hulu only offers a fraction of their online library to plus enabled devices.

I currently subscribe to both, but may drop the disc option from Netflix once they start charging me more for it. I will miss getting newer releases on disc though.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

slinky

Reaction score
I thought that Netflix had virtually nothing worth watching by streaming. After 2 weeks, I was down to the "OK, I'll watch it only because it's there" thought. The "top" selections are usually B movies with A actors.

tc3

Reaction score
Hulu+ is awful .....terrible selection and commercials for a paid service? No thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums