Netflix Now Allows You To Store Downloaded Content To Your SDcard!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
netflix-logo.png

A few months back Netflix added the ability to Download video for offline viewing. I have used this feature more than I initially thought I would. This is great for those of you on limited data. You can download videos to your phone while on your home wifi and watch those same videos while you are out without eating into your data allowance. The main time I use it is when I am out in rural areas. I often watch a show on Netflix during my lunch break at work. This is only an issue when I am out in the middle of no where with no signal. The ability to download content makes this a non issue.

You can find yourself running out of space quickly when downloading videos for offline viewing. The good news is that Netflix has updated their app allowing you to store offline content to your SD card. Other than this awesome new feature there are also some bugs that have been squashed.

via Play Store

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
1280px-Netflix_logo.svg.png

In its latest update for the Android operating system Netflix rolled out a new feature, the ability to download shows to your device's SD card. When saving a show for offline viewing, users will now be prompted to choose a download location, either Device Storage or the SD card.

This offers an interesting new way for users to consume their video content. Theoretically, it could allow users to download far more episodes and films than they would otherwise and build up huge catalogs of offline shows.

You can download content to multiple SD cards as well. There are limits to how many simultaneous downloads a member can download at one time, along with limits on how long a download will remain accessible. This ensures that the feature is being used for its intended purpose." Additionally, users won't be able to share SD cards amongst multiple devices as the content on the card will only play on the device that it was originally downloaded with, the rep explained.

Source

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1280px-Netflix_logo.svg.png

In its latest update for the Android operating system Netflix rolled out a new feature, the ability to download shows to your device's SD card. When saving a show for offline viewing, users will now be prompted to choose a download location, either Device Storage or the SD card.

This offers an interesting new way for users to consume their video content. Theoretically, it could allow users to download far more episodes and films than they would otherwise and build up huge catalogs of offline shows.

You can download content to multiple SD cards as well. There are limits to how many simultaneous downloads a member can download at one time, along with limits on how long a download will remain accessible. This ensures that the feature is being used for its intended purpose." Additionally, users won't be able to share SD cards amongst multiple devices as the content on the card will only play on the device that it was originally downloaded with, the rep explained.

Source
Thanks for clearing that up.
I was thinking of downloading, transfer to a flash drive, plug that into my dvr. For whatever reason my blueray player won't find the Wi-Fi dongle I've tried to use to get Netflix going on it though I haven't really put a ton of effort into finding why . I'll just continue to watch things on my tablet.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><