What's new
DroidForums.net | Android Forum & News

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix app saying needs update any fix?

So I put the netflix app on my x2 and it was working fine.
Just tried to open netflix and it says I neex to update to use but if I hit upgrade it says cant find download

Anyone see this or know a fix?
 
I have the same problem as well.. noticed it while I was at work.. going to see if I can decompile the apk and disable the updater but no promises there because im not sure how the apk is set up..

EDIT: disregard that last statement, might of found a working version on DROID life.. let me download and test it real quick and i'll let you know.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
 
Last edited:
Yeah I seen that post too on DROID life. It opens mediafire website but then say s no not connection. I can surf other websites. But I think link is broken. I think we need 1.2.1 api. If anyone has it please send it to me and ill upload to megauploads.
 
Updated Netflix..

Nitroglycerine33 [/COLOR][/URL]on XDA found an updated version of the netflix apk on droid-life that I have tested on my X2 and it works for me. Below is the original post and the download site.

XDA Post:
Netflix App for X2 - xda-developers

Droid Life:
Click Here!

I didn't try to install it over the original netflix apk, just uninstalled my original then installed this one, but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to just install it over the top of the original apk.

Let me know what happens :)
 
Last edited:
Nitroglycerine33 on XDA found an updated version of the netflix apk on droid-life that I have tested on my X2 and it works for me. Below is the original post and the download site.

XDA Post:
Netflix App for X2 - xda-developers

Droid Life:
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/26...droid-devices/

Download Mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4etpa9yl8qm2xh

I didn't try to install it over the original netflix apk, just uninstalled my original then installed this one, but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to just install it over the top of the original apk.

Let me know what happens :)

When I click on download here link I get this;

Web page not available The Web page at http://download1170.mediafire.com/thae909j1cdg/x4etpa9yl8qm2xh/ com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Here are some suggestions: Check to make sure your device has a signal and data connection Reload this web page later. View a cached copy of the web page from Google

Every website I try to access it. I get the same. Even tryed wifes phone and grab.
Can you send it directly to me.
 
I've tried everything. Finally got new apk. Uninstalled old one. Found original file and deleted it. Opened app manager and deleted data under market. Rebooted downloaded file reinstalled..............boom nothing same message. New version. Devise not supported blah blah blah. Oh I did the above both rooted and uprooted.

Anyone got any other ideas
 
You can use the link from DROID life in the stock browser worked for me. I tried the same link in dolphin gd and got error messages for to many server redirects.
Here's the apk from DROID life

http://db.tt/JhJdltk

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
You can use the link from DROID life in the stock browser worked for me. I tried the same link in dolphin gd and got error messages for to many server redirects.
Here's the apk from DROID life

http://db.tt/JhJdltk

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for providing the alternate download...sainthood can't be far behind. :)

Loaded w/out the "update required" message, and netflix videos are streaming once again on my D2! Will put it on my wife's X2 later tonight.
 
Last edited:
Yeah there is a second version of the .apk. I am running it on my DX and its working extremely well, adds a lot of functionality to my phone for me.

Quite frankly though it is embarrassing that my friend with a droid incredible can just download it from the app store while I have to search around and hope it works. It makes a strong case for HTC and challenges my motorola loyality.
 
My mistake guys, I realized why the droid life link wasn't working properly and fixed that.. didn't upload the APK directly yet been busy at work.. the droid life link works now tho so it can be found there..

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
 
After you download it you need to install it. It isn't the same as just clicking "install" on the market.
 
Back
Top