• George Clooney's Batman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Val Kilmer's Batman

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I created a poll of the latest versions of Batman minus the cartoon version, as it is not a fair comparison. With that said I encourage you if you have Amazon Prime (where you can watch it for free), as it can be found under Superman the Animated Series Season 2 episodes 16-18 or as a complete movie wherever videos are shown, to check out Batman Superman World's Finest. Other than The Dark Knight Returns, that is the best version of a Batman Superman combination outside of the movie verse or Justice League cartoons. Plus I would have to say it is not as dark as TDKR.

So share below your favorite versions of Batman both on the big screen or animated.

Who would you like to see play batman in the future rather in the movies or animated?

What Batman story arcs would you like to see portrayed?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'd like to vote but without having seen all the different Batmans yet, I can't vote with 100% certainty. The only one I haven't seen is Affleck thus far.

But at this point, I'd have to go with Keaton, then Bale (though could do without the cheesy gritty voice) in a close second, then West. Kilmer and Clooney...just...no. LOL. Especially Clooney.

And I can't say who I'd like to see don the cowl next as I just don't keep up on celebrities that much.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge batman fan, but of all the actors, Bale made the part the most believable while in character.
LOL, Clowney...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I liked afflecks version of the role. I think it could've been deeper but it's a step towards what Batman has become..using guns and killing may have been a bit far for purists..but it would be a necessary evolution. His fighting method and size are more in line with what I always envisioned when I thought of Batman.

Clooneys Batman was terrible to me...he just didn't pull it off.. could've been the supporting cast too.but I feel it was he just isn't a believable bat.

Val kilmer I actually liked..

Keaton was cool and controlled.i did like how he portrayed the bat except always revealing who he was ..so dang easily.

West was the original don't particularly care for that version..but ya have to respect v1 ...it got the ball rolling.

Bale..I may be unpopular when i say...he did an ok job.. something about his teeth has always annoyed me...perhaps it's more his upper lip? Looks like he has a fat lip all the time..that's something that people would see and remember and put 2 and 2 together..hey your mouth is like the bats.....or maybe..you got a purdy mouth...? baaahahahhahaha.. he took to showing an Arkham style of showing evolution in the suit and toys...I liked that..small and not very efficient as a fighter..the voice...don't get me started..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I liked afflecks version of the role. I think it could've been deeper but it's a step towards what Batman has become..using guns and killing may have been a bit far for purists..but it would be a necessary evolution. His fighting method and size are more in line with what I always envisioned when I thought of Batman.

Clooneys Batman was terrible to me...he just didn't pull it off.. could've been the supporting cast too.but I feel it was he just isn't a believable bat.

Val kilmer I actually liked..

Keaton was cool and controlled.i did like how he portrayed the bat except always revealing who he was ..so dang easily.

West was the original don't particularly care for that version..but ya have to respect v1 ...it got the ball rolling.

Bale..I may be unpopular when i say...he did an ok job.. something about his teeth has always annoyed me...perhaps it's more his upper lip? Looks like he has a fat lip all the time..that's something that people would see and remember and put 2 and 2 together..hey your mouth is like the bats.....or maybe..you got a purdy mouth...? baaahahahhahaha.. he took to showing an Arkham style of showing evolution in the suit and toys...I liked that..small and not very efficient as a fighter..the voice...don't get me started..
You'd have to understand the mindset of the time when the tv show was out. It was a non animated Looney Tunes, never meant to be taken as seriously as thing are today. It was low budget, low and cheesy special effects and was about the first show ever to make fun of itself. The original Batman movies were even better than the tv show.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd like to vote but without having seen all the different Batmans yet, I can't vote with 100% certainty. The only one I haven't seen is Affleck thus far.

But at this point, I'd have to go with Keaton, then Bale (though could do without the cheesy gritty voice) in a close second, then West. Kilmer and Clooney...just...no. LOL. Especially Clooney.

And I can't say who I'd like to see don the cowl next as I just don't keep up on celebrities that much.
This is a free thread so feel free to vote or comment regardless if you seen them all.

Personally I loved the batfleck version because he really signifies what the bat should be, minus the killing. If you seen the Christian Bale version you would be like, you look crazy but I could take you. But batfleck you want no part of. Despite the morals (which is a result of the story teller) you really get a sense of a Batman that you wouldn't want to cross ever.

@94lt1, check out the ultimate version. My opinion, it's a far superior movie then what was shown in theaters.

Christan Bale Batman benefited from a far superior storyteller in Nolan vs Snyder. I know you can't separate the actor from the story but Nolan's Batman was better flushed out.

Michael Keaton Batman in my opinion was the original Batman for me. Yeah I saw the Adam west but that was more "Looney Toon" (as someone said). Keaton's Batman was the inspiration that the 90s cartoon was based around. He was menacing, yet you would not believe that guy was the bat. Yeah he did not have the size of batfleck, but man you wouldn't want to see him in a dark alley.

The Clooney and Kilmer batmen were more Adam West like so I really did not feel that. But that was more a result of critics complaining about Michael Keaton's Batman being too dark. So the decided to lighten up the mood.

Minus storytelling here is the order for me:

1) batfleck
2) Keaton
3) Bale
4) Kilmer
5) Clooney (sorry but everything from the suit to the demeanor would not scare criminals, they would probably get caught because they could not defend themselves from laughing so hard)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
I definitely would go for Christian Bale, awesome actor.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You'd have to understand the mindset of the time when the tv show was out. It was a non animated Looney Tunes, never meant to be taken as seriously as thing are today. It was low budget, low and cheesy special effects and was about the first show ever to make fun of itself. The original Batman movies were even better than the tv show.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
That's why I didn't judge..just said I have to respect v1..it started it all :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I plan on checking it out as soon as it's not just a digital release lol...

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
While I really like Michael Keaton as an actor, all I see during his part as Batman was his Beetlejuice... I just couldn't take him as Batman

This question definitely will be have a different feel for those that have watched each portrayal from the first one TV...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
To be honest, I liked Afleck, Bale, Keaton, and to an extent Kilmer and Clooney.
I can't say who is best really because these are all different versions of a character. Did they fit their respective stories? Yes. So in that context none were really bad. Now Kilmer and Clooney suffered from horrible stories and production. The producers didn't know the source material at all.
Taking that all in... To rank them I would say right now:
Batfleck
Bale
Keaton
Kilmer
West
Clooney

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Bale all the way. Although I'm extremely biased as hell because I loved the Dark Knight comic series. Seeing it on film and then doing super well in the theaters...I just loved that gritty-style of Batman.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bale all the way. Although I'm extremely biased as hell because I loved the Dark Knight comic series. Seeing it on film and then doing super well in the theaters...I just loved that gritty-style of Batman.
You didn't feel that batfleck Batman represented the dark Knight comics more closely?

As a non comic reader I could easily be getting them confused so were you referring to Miller's dark Knight returns comic or another?

Batman fans have a lot of good movie we can go to and rank. Fantastic four fans are still waiting on one good one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@thunderbolt_nick I'm not asking that to be argumentative just curious.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
@thunderbolt_nick I'm not asking that to be argumentative just curious.

It's all good! I didn't think anything of it!

Yeah, I was referring to the Miller Dark Knight run. I actually have not seen the new movie yet so I'm reserving judgement on that. This also makes me ignorant if Batffleck resembles the comics more or less than Bale does.