Neither Easytether or Pdanet working on Incredible

thatoneguy009

Reaction score
Ok ill put down all the details first to make it easy instead of average ppl jus puttin on caps lock screaming "why isnt it working!"

Simply put neither pdanet or easytether are working and now my incredible isnt rooted or will it be for the time being either.

I have the HTC Droid incredible with the 2.2 update. I have both the latest versions of both pdanet and easytether both installed on my phone and laptop. And i have the stock usb charging cable from HTC. I tried a different usb cable also.

My computer is a Mx15 Alienware with windows 7 64-bit installed

I reinstalled the apps and program counterparts multiple times using different settings. I have a stable 3g connection the the phone.

I had VZaccess installed on my computer but realized when i had to pay more to use my already unlimited data plan for my computer (stupid as hell imho) i uninstalled it.

Edit: I also have the Advanced Task killer app installed on but auto-kill is not on. Do not have an anti-virus app installed either

When connecting to laptop I have tried charge only and mount as disk drive as mobile connect doesnt work with it and i do not have htc sync on my computer.

When i try to connect it connects for maybe half a second the disconnects everytime and on both apps/programs. Regardless of how many times i try to reconnect.

The error code i receive from pdanet is error code=1
When easytether disconnects it simply tells me i was dropped.

Theres all the info...so...can somebody please tell me why this isnt working for me. I have tried looking in multiple threads all to no avail. Is there anyone who can give me something new to try or tell me why it isnt working?

Last edited:
OP
T

thatoneguy009

Reaction score
bump & more info

Ok I have an update. I tried the phone on another computer of someone's who also has a DI and it worked perfect. So can anyone tell me why my alienware will not work with this? Any ideas?