Need to unroot my Razr but DroidRAZRUtility.zip won't work.

wskincaid

Reaction score
I recently bought a RAZR and quickly rooted it, then found my old fascinate and activated it to get the update (Not worth it).  The activation killed my sim card and I need to unroot my phone to get the new one in and activate the Razr.  I rooted my phone using the droidrazrroot method, and the unroot guide provided with it has failed to work.  I'm pretty sure I have the drivers, but I'm wondering if I need to use the updated DroidRAZRUtility.zip or if there is any other method available that won't make my phone less usable.

the3dolla

Reaction score
The problem I had with that utility is I kept wanting "run as admin" definatley don't do that! Just run it straight up, thought you just need USB Debugging on and the moto drivers.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So you are on the official ics .211?

If you use the utility version 1.61 and make sure you have the drivers installed that are in the utility folder. Make sure USB debugging is turned on and your phone is turned on and plugged in through a factory USB cable.

Also make sure you extract the utility to the root of the c drive.

timmyg7254

Reaction score
stuck in flash failure mode

i tried unrooting my moto razr wit the droidrazrroot.com place and when i did it my phone battery was almost dead...i tried charging my phone but it doesnt charge really at all it seems.. what can i do?????

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
i tried unrooting my moto razr wit the droidrazrroot.com place and when i did it my phone battery was almost dead...i tried charging my phone but it doesnt charge really at all it seems.. what can i do?????

First off welcome to the forum and sorry you are having trouble.

So at what point did your phone mess up and won't come on anymore? Have you tried letting it sit on the charger for a few hours turned off and see if it gets anywhere? Make sure you are using the factory cable and charging through AC outlet and not a PC.

timmyg7254

Reaction score
yes i am stuck in flash failure mode.. i can not do anything really. what do i do??????

timmyg7254

Reaction score
i am flash failure mode.. i cannot do a recovery boot or anything. ive also tried plugging into the ac outlet wit the factory usb cable but it doesnt turn off when plugged into ac

omar908

Reaction score
timmyg7254 said:
i am flash failure mode.. i cannot do a recovery boot or anything. ive also tried plugging into the ac outlet wit the factory usb cable but it doesnt turn off when plugged into ac

This is from the droidrzr forums i haven't tried it but others says it works, i wish you the best of luck

" This works with the wall charger only!!!!!

shut off the phone (get into fastboot and just hit the power button to shutdown)

while holding down the + and - volume buttons, plug in wall charger

scroll down with the volume - button to bp tools and then push volume +

the phone will show the motorola logo and then show the battery image filling up as it charges

wait awhile for it to charge up and then you can fastboot to fix your borked rom install!

ya for charging!"

timmyg7254

Reaction score
that does not work it shows the moto emblem but then goes back to the screen saying boot failure.. any other ideas?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
that does not work it shows the moto emblem but then goes back to the screen saying boot failure.. any other ideas?
Are you sure you got into AP Fastboot? Sometimes it is a little hard to get the power +volume down and volume up depressed at the same time. The way you can tell if you are in AP Fastboot is a black screen with white lettering. It is unclear to me from what you are describing if you ever got into AP Fastboot...just saying.