RAZR deactivated and rooted-DroidRazrUtility not working.

wskincaid

Reaction score
I upgraded to a RAZR about 6 months ago, and rooted it immediately. I had no problems at all, but shortly after I found my old Samsung Galaxy S that I thought I had lost forever, and activated it to get all the upgrades that I had missed out on. As a result my Sim card was rendered unusable in my RAZR and I could not reactivate with a new one I assume because I am rooted. Whether that is the case or not I need to unroot it. I rooted using the droidrazrroot.com method, and when I tried to unroot with DroidRazrUtility it would recognize the phone but every command in the process of unrooting failed, I believe it said something like path unspecified. I gave up trying to fix it and now on my day off I make another attempt (which is why I can't remember the exact events of its failure). Since then I have reformatted my computer to windows 8 and cleaned my entire computer due to a corrupted system file, and have lost all the tools for unrooting. I am in the process of redownloading all of it, but I fear its failure again. Since my knowledge of technology has fallen short, I was hoping someone here could help me out, I want my phone to be doing this --------------------------------DancingNexus P.S. Is it safe to try and unroot with DoomLord or will that muff it up?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
wskincaid said:
I upgraded to a RAZR about 6 months ago, and rooted it immediately. I had no problems at all, but shortly after I found my old Samsung Galaxy S that I thought I had lost forever, and activated it to get all the upgrades that I had missed out on. As a result my Sim card was rendered unusable in my RAZR and I could not reactivate with a new one I assume because I am rooted. Whether that is the case or not I need to unroot it. I rooted using the droidrazrroot.com method, and when I tried to unroot with DroidRazrUtility it would recognize the phone but every command in the process of unrooting failed, I believe it said something like path unspecified. I gave up trying to fix it and now on my day off I make another attempt (which is why I can't remember the exact events of its failure). Since then I have reformatted my computer to windows 8 and cleaned my entire computer due to a corrupted system file, and have lost all the tools for unrooting. I am in the process of redownloading all of it, but I fear its failure again. Since my knowledge of technology has fallen short, I was hoping someone here could help me out, I want my phone to be doing this --------------------------------DancingNexus P.S. Is it safe to try and unroot with DoomLord or will that muff it up?
First, what version of android are you running? This will make a big difference in the unroot/reroot process.
2nd
What droid razr utility version are you using answer these questions and we'll get you back on track. Just a side note, I doubt being rooted is stopping you from being able to activate it.

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

OP
W

wskincaid

Reaction score
I suppose I am using 1.7 or 1.6, whichever version he provides on his website. I am still on version 2.3.6 so I don't believe I can use 1.8.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
wskincaid said:
I suppose I am using 1.7 or 1.6, whichever version he provides on his website. I am still on version 2.3.6 so I don't believe I can use 1.8.

Did you install the drivers from the utility download? I've only used 1.82 since I'm on ICS. I might not be that much help with gingerbread

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Since you changed OS on your PC you must install new Motorola drivers. If you are system version .181 then you need to use RazrUtility 1.6. I have a copy I can send you if you need it...just need an email address...PM me if you need to. The RazrUtility package has a driver package but you should probably download the latest drivers from the Moto support site. Using 1.6 will get you back to stock GB .181 which was the last version before the upgrade to ICS. If you get to .181 then you can OTA upgrade to ICS by doing menu>setting>about phone>check for updates. You can try to use Ginger Unroot, free in the play store.

OP
W

wskincaid

Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded the latest Motorola drivers, obtained DRU1.6, and followed the necessary steps. although there were various errors along the way, it still finished the process and my phone restarted. however now I can't get past a screen that tells me I need a sim card to operate the phone. any way around that?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded the latest Motorola drivers, obtained DRU1.6, and followed the necessary steps. although there were various errors along the way, it still finished the process and my phone restarted. however now I can't get past a screen that tells me I need a sim card to operate the phone. any way around that?
I'm pretty sure you need a sim card in the phone to log into the Verizon network.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
W

wskincaid

Reaction score
Got it. This battle is won, on to the next.:icon_ lala:

OP
W

wskincaid

Reaction score
I was able to bypass the activation on the android screen using the corner tap method. I can connect to wifi, but more importantly I was able to see whether I was rooted or not. so now I will for sure need to get a sim card because my last one didn't work.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I was able to bypass the activation on the android screen using the corner tap method. I can connect to wifi, but more importantly I was able to see whether I was rooted or not. so now I will for sure need to get a sim card because my last one didn't work.

Good to hear you got it working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2