Can't unroot Razr

mpd2414

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum and could use some help. I think i've tried just about everything to unroot my phone for the ICS update. I originally rooted using Doomlords program. Used his unroot program and everything seem to process fine. After my phone rebooted superuser was still on it and numerous attempt failed to install ICS. I've since tried unrooting multiple times, hard reset my phone, tried voodoo, the 1.6 utility program, ES file explorer, and nothing works. Superuser is also denying access to these programs including bootstrap which worked fine before trying to unroot. Sorry for being long winded but wanted to fully explain my problem. Thanks.

OP
M

mpd2414

Reaction score
One more thing. I can't gain root access to update binary in superuser either. Please help.

Reaction score
mpd2414 said:
One more thing. I can't gain root access to update binary in superuser either. Please help.

if voodoo says it's not rooted you need to root in order for superuser to work. If it says it's not rooted then you should be able to update right now

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You did a hard reset by holding down the volume down button and the power button for about 10 seconds? Or you did a FDR?

If you did not do a Factory Data Reset, I would recommend doing that and trying to update again. If that does not work and you are currently on .181 I would use Matt's Utility to Fastboot back to stock, then once there try the update.

OP
M

mpd2414

Reaction score
Sorry, been away for a couple of days. Well I'll never find out what the actual problem was, had to use the warranty on my phone. I was working on my Jeep and forgot my phone was on the fender. Surprisingly it's a very durable phone. It was still in one piece after being run over with only the screen under the glass slightly cracked. Doesn't work though.

OP
M

mpd2414

Reaction score
Yea but a real pain reinstalling everything on the new phone today.