need to remove all traces of root.

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Me and my razor just arent getting along....i am rooted and the phone is going back. Since there is no SBF yet can someone give me a run down as to what files i need to remove.....i am rooted using doomlords exploit.

eidian

Reaction score
Oh sweet jesus..:icon_ banana:..sweet merciful jesus!:blink::icon_ devil:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was pissed that I couldn't update to 748 because I was running RazrX. Now i'm happy again because of the fastboot files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Just use doom lords one click un root. That's what I did when I sent my phone back after receiving my replacement. It removed super user and all. Just Google doomlords one click unroot droid razr

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

Kimo91

Reaction score
Just downloaded the fast boot files to my computer today but my question is which RSD version is safe/should I use in case I have to unroot my Razr?

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
You really only need to unroot. But you need v5.6

OP
K

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Just use doom lords one click un root. That's what I did when I sent my phone back after receiving my replacement. It removed super user and all. Just Google doomlords one click unroot droid razr

Nice i hadnt realized he had an unroot yet....j had been using z4 to unroot

jamestheartist

Reaction score
I used zedomax root method which installed bionic bootstrapper. Would i need to follow his directions to unroot or would the one click unroot work for me as well considering I didnt root using doomlord?

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
I used zedomax root method which installed bionic bootstrapper. Would i need to follow his directions to unroot or would the one click unroot work for me as well considering I didnt root using doomlord?

I don't think doom lords one click would work. I remember reading somewhere if you did root with doom lord to unroot with his method

jamestheartist

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured....funny thing is, that since I did an over the air update, I don't think I have root anymore. So I wonder what the process would be to remove the bionic bootstrapper?

azdrifter

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured....funny thing is, that since I did an over the air update, I don't think I have root anymore. So I wonder what the process would be to remove the bionic bootstrapper?

If you lost root and SU is no longer in your app tray the bootstrap is just an apk app and can be removed from the app tray,If you lost root then any of the apps that only work with root only can be deleted assuming of course the phone is unrooted for sure.

chasmccl

Reaction score
Remember this - Rooting basically just gives you SU rights - The simplest way to unroot is to install an app like Voodoo OTARootkeeper (which withdraws SU, making everything hunky-dory wit your carrier) - then, you can root, un-root, and re-root hassle-free whenever the need arises

BOL

jamestheartist

Reaction score
Funny thing is, SU is still there, but all of my su apps aren't allowed root access. This happened after the OTA update. But whenever I re-boot the dialog box after boot says "Bionic Bootstrapper granted superuser permissions. My log shows sqlite as being allowed as well, yet the app isn't granted superuser permissions. Therefore, I am unsure whether or not I am truly un-rooted, so I need some way to verify whether I am truly unrooted. I tried the unroot method over at zedomax, but I don't get a root response from spyder....Any ideas on how to tell for absolutely sure if I am unrooted? Thanks for your help, sorry for the noob questions! :)